Changes to cruise after final payment?

Has anyone ever called after making their final payment (our actual final payment date hasn't arrived, I just paid it off personally) to upgrade/change their room assignment?

When we first booked our cruise in January I had no idea what I was doing and decided to book an OV gty. Now that I've been on the boards for awhile I'm thinking it would be neat to surprise my husband with a balcony room.

Obviously I know this will cost more, but before I call I was hoping to get some feedback on anyone elses experience or opinions you might have.

Thanks so much!

It is not a problem at all, especially to upgrade as long as the cabin is available. Be advised or aware that you will have to pay the prevailing fuel surcharge at the time of the change.

It is not a problem at all, especially to upgrade as long as the cabin is available. Be advised or aware that you will have to pay the prevailing fuel surcharge at the time of the change.

It is no problem at all to upgrade your cabin. As for paying the prevailing fuel surcharge we did not doing this exact thing for our next cruise on the Freedom. There was a room price drop and instead of taking the money we went from an OV to an 8C balcony and the fuel charges stayed the same as when we booked them even though they had gone up for new bookings.

It is no problem at all to upgrade your cabin. As for paying the prevailing fuel surcharge we did not doing this exact thing for our next cruise on the Freedom. There was a room price drop and instead of taking the money we went from an OV to an 8C balcony and the fuel charges stayed the same as when we booked them even though they had gone up for new bookings.

We recently had the same experience. We upgraded to a 9A :D from an 8A for the Splendor - just last week. When we booked in March there were no 9A's available :( - but our CVS said that she would keep an eye out for one. Last week she called and we snapped up the 9A with no additional fuel charge - we paid only the difference for the cabin.

We recently had the same experience. We upgraded to a 9A :D from an 8A for the Splendor - just last week. When we booked in March there were no 9A's available :( - but our CVS said that she would keep an eye out for one. Last week she called and we snapped up the 9A with no additional fuel charge - we paid only the difference for the cabin.

I wish I could have done that last week. I had to pay the higher fuel surcharge, but ended up with a large OBC, so it was no big deal.

Has anyone ever called after making their final payment (our actual final payment date hasn't arrived, I just paid it off personally) to upgrade/change their room assignment?

When we first booked our cruise in January I had no idea what I was doing and decided to book an OV gty. Now that I've been on the boards for awhile I'm thinking it would be neat to surprise my husband with a balcony room.

Obviously I know this will cost more, but before I call I was hoping to get some feedback on anyone elses experience or opinions you might have.

Thanks so much!

We had a outside Stateroom and after we were Paid in Full we booked a balcony. It was $700.00, and since then we have received $400.00 credit because the price of our cruise has gone down 4 times in the last 4 weeks. At this rate, we may just get all our $700.00 back before we sail in September.

Archived