Cruising in adjoining OV's with the kids...

I also want to get an extra key for my kids' room. However, our TA said that Carnival requires at least one adult to be booked in each cabin. So offcially, we have one adult and one child in each cabin and we plan to switch once we get on board. Won't the purser know that we are breaking a rule if we ask for an extra key?

I also want to get an extra key for my kids' room. However, our TA said that Carnival requires at least one adult to be booked in each cabin. So offcially, we have one adult and one child in each cabin and we plan to switch once we get on board. Won't the purser know that we are breaking a rule if we ask for an extra key?

You do not have to have an adult in each cabin if the cabins are right next to each other or directly across the hall from each other.

If the rooms are adjoining, just leave the door unlocked (kids door, you want your door locked for obvious reasons) between the rooms and you do not have to hastle with an additional key, that is what we did.

Yep with Carnival they don't have to have an adult as long as they are in the approved areas (next door or directly across the hall). I don't think they'd think twice about giving you an extra key. Especially if you have people split up in different rooms. Even if there's an adult in the room it would make sense the adult would want a key to the other room too where part of their kids were also staying.

I want adjoining rooms but it seems like they book up over a year in advance for everything that sleeps more than 2. We've had no luck so far.

When did the policy change about one adult assigned to each room? In the past that was the policy to have an adult in each room and then do the key switch once on board. We also kept the adjoining room door unlocked.

When did the policy change about one adult assigned to each room? In the past that was the policy to have an adult in each room and then do the key switch once on board. We also kept the adjoining room door unlocked.

As far as I know that's always been the policy, the children had to be directly across or next door.

Maybe I should ask how many years ago you heard otherwise??

Could you be thinking of RC? They told us that an adult was required in each room regardless of where it was (other than adjoining). They did say what we did once on board was up to us, but for insurance reasons they had to have an adult in each room.

They also unofficially told us many people with families book a suite for part of the people and a lower inside for the rest. Then they all just stay in the suite even though it's over the sleeping limit posted.

Archived