check-in on line

happy5

I am not very happy!!

Just tried to check in on line for upcoming cruise on the Westerdam and could not check in all my group. Seems my kids who have an adjoining cabin and are 24, 22, and turning 19 on the cruise are not old enough to have a room alone. Actually they are, according to HAL, but we cannot sign them in on line. I spent quite a long time on the phone with HAL and they were NOT helpful---said only my 22 will have to stand in the line of people who do not sign up on line and there SHOULD not be a problem. When I told them this was not customer friendly and I did not like the word SHOULD, the supervisor I talked to said that the computer will not let her sign in ahead of time. HAL does not have a problem with them being in the room alone---just the computer. Told us to get there early.

My travel agent was no help either---did not understand why I could not check her in on line,. but said it was no big deal.

So---my question is---is it a big deal or not. I do not want to begin the cruise with a problem.

Any suggestions??

I am not very happy!!

Just tried to check in on line for upcoming cruise on the Westerdam and could not check in all my group. Seems my kids who have an adjoining cabin and are 24, 22, and turning 19 on the cruise are not old enough to have a room alone. Actually they are, according to HAL, but we cannot sign them in on line. I spent quite a long time on the phone with HAL and they were NOT helpful---said only my 22 will have to stand in the line of people who do not sign up on line and there SHOULD not be a problem. When I told them this was not customer friendly and I did not like the word SHOULD, the supervisor I talked to said that the computer will not let her sign in ahead of time. HAL does not have a problem with them being in the room alone---just the computer. Told us to get there early.

My travel agent was no help either---did not understand why I could not check her in on line,. but said it was no big deal.

So---my question is---is it a big deal or not. I do not want to begin the cruise with a problem.

Any suggestions??

So, the computer will not link the 2 cabins? Is that the issue? And, if you place their confirmation number in because of their ages (including age 22) the computer will not process the print out?

It really is not big deal. They will need the passports at the pier and of course your credit card as HAL requires a $60.00 per person per day hold on the on-board account. Even if you do all this on-line they still need to see the credit card and take photos for security purposes.

You can also fill out the paper forms. No big deal.

for our recent HAL cruises, it did NOT seem to make a difference in terms of queuing whether people had checked in on line or not, however, it would have reduced time at the counter... :D :D :D

For my last several cruises I have checked in on-line. Then I've stood waiting while those who did not check in on-line went right on through.

I have checked in on-line again for this next cruise. I never learn. :rolleyes:

On our cruise to Alaska in June, I did not notice that it made a difference if you had checked in online or not. Everyone was in one line. When you go to the counter, I presume those who had not preregistered online had to take a little longer at the counter.

WE were not able to check in onlline due to a different situation. The on line check in makes allowance only for arrival in the port city by air. We are on a sailing July 22/08 on Maasdam and are arriving in Rotterdam Holland by train from England via Eurostar (under English channel) This prohibited us from signing in on line. There is no way to bypass the section on arrival by air. I called HAL and thay just said that we would have to fill out the documents by hand when we picked up our tickets. I think they need to look at this portion of their on line check in also.

Archived