Question about the hotels that offer shuttles

helenkpa

Our last cruise we left from Phila, so this is our first cruise from Fort Lauderdale. I hope this is not a stupid question.
We will be arriving the night before the cruise and are looking at the hotels that offer the shuttles from the airport and then to the port the next day. When we return from our cruise, would we then need to take a taxi to the airport or would the hotel that we stayed in pre-cruise provide this service?

This is not a stupid question. I have stayed at hotels that offer shuttles from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier, but we always took taxi's to the airport after the cruise. We usually sail from Ft. Lauderdale, which everything is very close and taxi's aren't very much. Hope this helps you, I'd just hop in a cab and go to the airport.

Thank you for the replies, it sounds as though a taxi to the airport will be the way to go. Are there usually alot of them at the port?
I was thinking of staying at either LaQuinta or the Courtyard, most likely we will be arriving late afternoon on Friday, we won't need anything too fancy, but would like something nice.
I was reading tripadvisor.com and LaQuinta has some good reviews.

There are plenty of cabs waiting for you at the pier, you will be just fine.

Have you thought of using priceline for a hotel? Before you use priceline, be aware that once your bid is accepted and a hotel is awarded to you, you cannot change, cancel or put this reservation in anyone else's name and your charge card is charged immediately. You are basically stuck with it, but the prices you get for hotels through priceline are incredible. If you want to read more about it, read these web sites before you bid: [url]www.biddingfortravel.com[/url] and [url]www.biddingforfun.com[/url] they are a wealth of information.

Hope this helps you.

There will be PLENTY of taxi's outside waiting for you! The charge is around $10 for everyone in the cab.

We loved the LaQuinta. The rooms were nice and big and the hotel was very clean. Nice restaurants nearby and a KMart for last minute items!

Archived