Venice - Free Walking Tour

Yes, free! I just got at our local library a 5-CD set entitled "Walk and Talk Audioguide to Venice" published by Recorded Books. One of the CDs includes an Italian language tutorial, as well as the maps and detailed descriptions of 5 walks through Venice. Each walk originates at Piazza San Marco and is about an hour in length. You would put these CDs onto your iPod or other MP3 player.

I downloaded the CDs to my MP3 player and I printed the maps and descriptions. We leave on Sunday and I can't wait!

At the library I noticed at least 3 other sets for Walk and Talk in Rome, Florence and Barcelona. So, if you have the device to listen to it, I think you might like to check it out!

Great suggestion!

In addition I heartily recommend pre-booking the Secret Itinerary Tour of Doges Palace. If you call their telephone number (Tel: 011 39 041 520 9070) you can reserve a time and NOT have to pre-pay or pay extra for service fees! Just pay when you arrive for the tour. Allow some time before the tour to pay for tickets plus you may want to go in and see some other parts of the palace before the tour. You can also spend more time there after the tour. LOTS to see! Well worth a couple dollar phone call to phone and reserve the tour in advance!

Also reserve a time (free and on their web site) to See St. Mark's Cathedral and not have to wait in the long line (enter with your pre-printed reserved time slip through the gift shop entrance to left of main doors as you face the cathedral).

If you go to St. Marks, just go in the baggage check entrance which is around the corner to the left. Never a wait and irregardless if you check a bag, there was never a wait to get in here. No reservations needed.

I used the Rick Steves free download for the St. Marks Cathedral, Square and the Frari Church. they were all excellent.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
Great suggestion!

In addition I heartily recommend pre-booking the Secret Itinerary Tour of Doges Palace. If you call their telephone number (Tel: 011 39 041 520 9070) you can reserve a time and NOT have to pre-pay or pay extra for service fees! Just pay when you arrive for the tour. Allow some time before the tour to pay for tickets plus you may want to go in and see some other parts of the palace before the tour. You can also spend more time there after the tour. LOTS to see! Well worth a couple dollar phone call to phone and reserve the tour in advance!

Also reserve a time (free and on their web site) to See St. Mark's Cathedral and not have to wait in the long line (enter with your pre-printed reserved time slip through the gift shop entrance to left of main doors as you face the cathedral).

What is the website for St. Mark's tickets? Thanks!

Archived