got a call for cruise/resort special

Lancaster

Hi there was wondering if anyone else who has a Carnival Credit card been called about this? They offered me a 7 day cruise, 7 day Resort stay, and a bonus 5 night stay all for 10,000 sea miles and $2400.00. What do you think? We can pay it all in advance and take up to 30 months to travel or pay $200. a month for the next 12 months all interest free. Sounds real good! thanks for advice-Debbie:D

Im always kinda of like no thanks on the bonus 5 day vacation deals. I would still have to fly there and I can cruise out of Galveston for what it would cost me to fly to some Caribbean island.

I probably would say no thanks if that price is for 2.

Well the cruise is just for 2 people- it would be extra for my kids who are 3 & 1 right now. Probably wouldn't cruise till next year. The 7 night resort stay could be anywhere ( we do have choices) and the kids are included in that for free. I think it sounds good, would have to pay the airfare for the cruise, but hey the cruise is free, or maybe could take one out of a close port, just have the short drive. thanks for anymore advice. Debbie:D

Hi there was wondering if anyone else who has a Carnival Credit card been called about this? They offered me a 7 day cruise, 7 day Resort stay, and a bonus 5 night stay all for 10,000 sea miles and $2400.00. What do you think? We can pay it all in advance and take up to 30 months to travel or pay $200. a month for the next 12 months all interest free. Sounds real good! thanks for advice-Debbie:D

I got the same call..... I asked why I was being telemarketed... that my being a customer does not give them a right to interrupt my day with a sales pitch. But I went ahead and did listen, just to see what they were offering and to get info about them. It sounded way over priced to me, I requested they send me "information" to allow me to make a informed decision..... Still waiting for that info. She kept saying for the “best” deal I should decided right then and there….. (No chance of that occurring..) it felt a lot like a timeshare pitch. Again I thought it was WAY OVER PRICED for a I/S cabin and a week at a un-named so called "resort". Life has taught me that "deals" never ever come-a-calling on the phone..... True deals get found by hard work and research.

I did get out of the call it is not directly affiliated with Carnival, Seamiles or Barclays although she did keep mentioning Seamiles and extra points. I suspect they got the calling list from Seamiles, but I am not positive about that. I am sure it was Seamiles, Carnival or Barclays that gave out the list however. Oh well, all three got a not so nice letter from me regarding the call and I made it very clear I am to be removed from the list for ALL telemarketing calls.

I would be very careful about it. If they say it is Carnival Credit Card doing the offer, call them back from a number other than one they give you over the phone (find a number online or on the back of your credit card).

This sounds simular to a scam that I have heard going around in the past. Not exactly, but for travel vouchers that seem too good to be true.

Nowadays, I wouldn't trust anyone soliciting, not by telephone or by door. There is little to no way to verify and by the time the powers that be catch on, these people have made a ton of money and are gone!

It sounds like a great deal to me, but I am a firm believer in "IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS".

If you sign into your Carnival Credit card on line and click the alert/profile tab you can be removed from them contacting you or soliciting sales..

Do they actually opt out? I am not sure.. But I set it up this way and have never been contacted:)

Archived