What's your favorite rum drink?

Mojito...........the way that most bartenders make it aboard RCCL's ships.

When we first boarded the Jewel in Harwich.........I wondered if they would even be offered..........so I asked.......and the bartender in the Schooner bar said.........just wait for another hour.....the frest mint is coming aboard.

It's done with muddled mint and lime juice.....from frest limes....and this wonderful Caribbean drink was served to me as we sailed away from England.......doing a British Isle/Norwegian Fjord cruise.

How cool can that be??!!:D :D

Rick

Captain and Diet Coke

if they are out of Captain

Then Pyrat and Diet coke.

On my last cruise the Schooner bar did run out of Captain.

But thanks to the Bar Manager he brought up a bottle

Saved my taste buds.

Rarely drink - but the few times I drink liquor it's a Mojito :)

We just love the rum punch at the islands. It doesn't matter what kind of rum it is, when we're on the sea and there's rum in something, we're enjoying it.

What are your favorite rum drinks that you've tasted on a cruise?

Ooh my, your post reminded me to check something. Last weekend SO and I had dinner and after he ordered a rum & coke -he didn't like some of the rums they had so he opted for 151 -thinking it was just a brand name. Good thing I drove and we left the motorcycle at home (we'd planned to ride) - he was sooooo lit after just one - he had to lay down and nap when we got home. When he woke up he said "could that have been 151 proof?" I looked up 151 rum just now - jet fuel!

Bacardi 151

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedi

Bacardi 151 is an over-proof rum. The 151-proof liquor is approximately 75.5% alcohol by volume.

Due to its high proof, it is typically used as a component in cocktails (whose final alcohol concentration may or may not be greater than that of drinks made with conventional rum). Bacardi is the only manufacturer that uses a flame arrester on the bottle.

Due to the high alcohol content in Bacardi 151, the spirit is flammable at room temperature and is used in cocktails such as flaming B-52s.

I like them all....but I'm picky about rum...I love Barbados' Mt. Gay and the Gosling rum from Bermuda. On a recent transatlantic crossing on the Navigator, I picked up a couple of bottles of their 151 proof rum during our Bermuda stop...it makes for a great hot buttered rum!

Carmen

Captain and Diet Coke

if they are out of Captain

Then Pyrat and Diet coke.

On my last cruise the Schooner bar did run out of Captain.

But thanks to the Bar Manager he brought up a bottle

Saved my taste buds.

Have you tried Captain and Diet Cherry Coke? It's really good!

What? No one posted Guavaberry rum Coladas from St Martin?? :D

We have to cruise there every year so I can bring back 6 bottles each year! and my neighbors are waiting for us to get home!

Receipe(strong!!): equal parts Guavaberry Rum, Guavaberry Liquor, Bacardi Gold and Master Mixers Colada mix - and a top of Myers Dark if you dare!! one should do the trick!! - (You can delete the Barcardi & Myers Dark )

Ooh my, your post reminded me to check something. Last weekend SO and I had dinner and after he ordered a rum & coke -he didn't like some of the rums they had so he opted for 151 -thinking it was just a brand name. Good thing I drove and we left the motorcycle at home (we'd planned to ride) - he was sooooo lit after just one - he had to lay down and nap when we got home. When he woke up he said "could that have been 151 proof?" I looked up 151 rum just now - jet fuel!

Bacardi 151

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedi

Bacardi 151 is an over-proof rum. The 151-proof liquor is approximately 75.5% alcohol by volume.

Due to its high proof, it is typically used as a component in cocktails (whose final alcohol concentration may or may not be greater than that of drinks made with conventional rum). Bacardi is the only manufacturer that uses a flame arrester on the bottle.

Due to the high alcohol content in Bacardi 151, the spirit is flammable at room temperature and is used in cocktails such as flaming B-52s.

When I was in St Thomas last year, we went to the bar that lets you pour how much rum you want into your daquiri(sp). They used 151 and OH BOY...the cab ride back was a blur. But we had a blast.

Mine would be a pina colada. But,---- my favorite cruise drink is a Mango-politan. It is a cosmopolitan, (I know that it's not made with rum) that is made with mango flavored vodka. It has lime juice, triple sec, orange and cranberry juice and served in a martini glass. A piece of mango is served also.

I am NOT a mango lover, but this drink might change my mind. It is sooooooooooooo good.

Archived