St. Malo France excursion question

clarky

We are cruising Rivers of Western Europe Oct 2, 2008. Just received our excursion information. In St. Malo there are two excursions we would like to do but do not have enough time in port to do both. It is either visit Mon St. Michel (5 hours) or St. Malo heritage (8 hours) which sounds wonderful but does not include a visit to Mont St Michel. The heritage tour is highly recommended by Seaborn. Can anyone give me advice on either tour.

Any insight would be helpful.

To miss Mont St. Michel would be like going to Paris and missing the Eiffel Tower. It is one of the great emblems of France and imo the main reason for stopping in St.Malo. Why not try to do it on your own by hiring a car and driver? That way you could see Mont St. Michel on your schedule and still have time to see some of the other sights. it probably wouldn't cost more than two tours for two people through Seabourn.

">it probably wouldn't cost more than two tours for two people through Seabourn."

Of note, it seems I have always had to book a car for a minimum of 4 hours, but perhaps that's not the case. Often I return early, but that's on me. When arranging a car through Seabourn, again, there is the safety of the staff knowing where and with whom you are and then, they are insured and will wait for you. It just seems easier to use their services.

It's easier to use Seabourn's services but far more expensive. However, peace of mind may be worth the extra cost. It's really an individual decision. I always use local companies ( I make it a point to get recommendations) and have never been disappointed.

It's easier to use Seabourn's services but far more expensive. However, peace of mind may be worth the extra cost. It's really an individual decision. I always use local companies ( I make it a point to get recommendations) and have never been disappointed.

You are right. If money is no object Seabourn will give it`s normal great service, but there are many trustworthy companies out there to help whose services are better value.

I didn't mean to indicate that Seabourn arrangements are the only way to go. I was commenting on my experiences. Since I travel alone, I find it easier and potentially safer for me.

Archived