July 4th Miracle port change

smoothecruz

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone cruising tomorrow out of NY isn't aware.

I found out by checking my info at carnival.com that the Tortola port is canceled and they are replacing it with Grand Turk. If anyone made reservations with the dolphin discovery in Tortola it's not too late to get a refund, call them.

I called Carnival to ask why the port change and she says it's because of some technical thing with the ship not going top speed or something.

Yea, got home this evening and there was a message telling us that Grand Turk would be subbed for Tortola on our Sept 22 sailing. The Baths is a great place to go but we've been to Tortola so kinda looking forward to heading someplace new :)

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone cruising tomorrow out of NY isn't aware.

I found out by checking my info at carnival.com that the Tortola port is canceled and they are replacing it with Grand Turk. If anyone made reservations with the dolphin discovery in Tortola it's not too late to get a refund, call them.

I called Carnival to ask why the port change and she says it's because of some technical thing with the ship not going top speed or something.

not to late to get refund ,but they need letter /email addressed to you saying port has been changed. after they receive this by mail or email it will take 10-14 days to get check. I am a little ticked off that people who are going in sept or later have gotten an email telling them about the change but people who are going soon have gotten nothing.if it weren't for cruise critic i would have never knownalso st thomas is cut short by 2hrs

not to late to get refund ,but they need letter /email addressed to you saying port has been changed. after they receive this by mail or email it will take 10-14 days to get check. I am a little ticked off that people who are going in sept or later have gotten an email telling them about the change but people who are going soon have gotten nothing.if it weren't for cruise critic i would have never knownalso st thomas is cut short by 2hrs

You will love Grand Turk. IMO it is a much nicer stop than Tortola, unless you were going to Virgin Gorda.

Is Carnival supposed to contact people who are booked?

Do they contact the TA of anyone who booked that way?

I only ask because we are cruising in 24 days, and my sister is booked through Costco Travel, and I doubt she will get notified- and I think if it weren't for these boards, I would not have known until we boarded the ship.

We are booked on the Miracle in August and we did not get notified that there was a change....

Actually I loved Grand Turk and am happy to be going back there again. It is a beautiful Island and the dock area is just wonderful. My kids loved the pool area, and the beach is right there.

Could be a couple of things. Could be a mechanical thing which could affect sailings until the next drydock. Or it could just be a fuel saving measure so they can go at a good average speed the whole way back and save fuel instead of really speeding back to NYC on that final leg.

We really loved the Miracle!

Is Carnival supposed to contact people who are booked?

Do they contact the TA of anyone who booked that way?

I only ask because we are cruising in 24 days, and my sister is booked through Costco Travel, and I doubt she will get notified- and I think if it weren't for these boards, I would not have known until we boarded the ship.

my ta was notified today. But she knew nothing about it until i emailed her so she wasn't surprised when she got the email. She said we will be very ahppy with grand turk ,which i dont doubt but sad we will miss dolphin discovery:(

my ta was notified today. But she knew nothing about it until i emailed her so she wasn't surprised when she got the email. She said we will be very ahppy with grand turk ,which i dont doubt but sad we will miss dolphin discovery:(

CAN ANYIONE HELP ME> SINCE WE AREN"T GOING TO TORTOLA AND AREN"T DOING DOLPHIN SWIM I WANTED TO BOOK EXCURSION IN GRAND TURK> WHEN I TRY IT TELLS ME THERE ARE NO EXCUSIUONS AVAILSABLE FOR THIS PORT> HOW DO I BOOK !:confused:

CAN ANYIONE HELP ME> SINCE WE AREN"T GOING TO TORTOLA AND AREN"T DOING DOLPHIN SWIM I WANTED TO BOOK EXCURSION IN GRAND TURK> WHEN I TRY IT TELLS ME THERE ARE NO EXCUSIUONS AVAILSABLE FOR THIS PORT> HOW DO I BOOK !:confused:

I get that message too. I want to book my sons on the Flowrider. I e-mailed my TA and asked her to call Carnival and find out why there are no excursions listed. But I doubt that will get me anywhere- I don't think she even knows abouot the port change yet.

I am going to call Carnival on Monday and get the excursion info.

I get that message too. I want to book my sons on the Flowrider. I e-mailed my TA and asked her to call Carnival and find out why there are no excursions listed. But I doubt that will get me anywhere- I don't think she even knows abouot the port change yet.

I am going to call Carnival on Monday and get the excursion info.

heres the phone # I was given for excursions

18004386744 ext70038

i will post what i learn if you can do the same:o

heres the phone # I was given for excursions

18004386744 ext70038

i will post what i learn if you can do the same:o

sorry wrong # that was the 1 to contact customer service regarding change since I had't heard anything ( My ta has since than contacted me)

HERES THE PHONE# for excursions 18004386744 ext 72590:)

Archived