First Time Poster

Just signed up on this site.

Have taken one cruise four years ago on the Legend of the Seas to Mexico and have wanted to take another, but work just gets in the way.

However just booked a Junior Suite on the Serenade of the Seas for next June to Alaska.

Anyone have any thoughts on this ship. On our previous cruise we had an ocean view room but on a lower deck. Wanted to try something bigger this time.

We really enjoyed the last cruise. My wife has been on Norweigian and Princess with other family members, but preferred RC.

Let me link you to a thread that's already been going for a while. It probably tilts toward the Southern Caribbean route, but you'll get a good feel for the ship and the people who've been on her. You'll be linked to my Webshots album, and I've re-built it (finished!) since my comments in that thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=789992

There's a LOT of glass on this ship providing unbelieveable views. These ships were built for Alaska routes. Even when you're standing in the hallway waiting for an elevator, you're looking through to the outside because the doors, etc. are all glass. The Solarium is the best one we've experienced and don't miss out on the Thermal Suite. If you buy a membership for the week, you can relax on the tiled-loungers in there and enjoy the view through the huge plate-glass window. Alaska would be incredible there I would think. Also, don't miss out on the Safari Club.

If you have specific questions after checking all that out, let us know! B-t-w, in the pics below you can see the glass elevators. In the second, you'll see the port city through the elevator as we're docked.

2645378800039822749S425x425Q85.jpg 2099787080039822749S425x425Q85.jpg

The Serenade is one of our favorite ships. We did a Eastern Caribbean on her last year. We stayed in a Jr. Suite. Here is an address to my Webshots album where you can check out photos of the ship and our cabin.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557274086VFWLau

I looked at your album just now. What kind of camera do you guys use for your underwater (snorkel) pictures? They looked good!

Welcome to CC!!!

The Serenade (Radiance class ship) is beautiful. We sailed on her to Hawaii 15 days so we really had lots of time to enjoy being on her.

Alaska is one of our favorite cruises and can't wait to go again. I think a balcony is the best way for Alaska, your own private viewing station with- out fighting for space on the deck! If a balcony is not what your looking for, don't worry the Serenade has plenty of places to see the beautiful scenery and everything Alaska has to offer.

Have fun planning!

We have done both the Southern Caribbean and the Alaskan voyages on the Serenade of the Seas. I think that you will love the ship--it is truly beautiful with a very friendly and helpful crew.

The balcony view from the junior suite on the Alaska cruise should be spectacular, but there are many places on the ship that provide great viewing.

If you depart from Vancouver, try to get some time to sight see in the city and make a trip to Victoria, which takes most of a day.

I think that you'll love it.

We had a balcony on our Alaska cruise but didn't use it as much as we thought we would. The best thing about having the balcony was for getting into the ports and sometimes being able to catch glimpses of sea otters. We saw several whale tails while watching for them in the Solarium. The Serenade is a beautiful ship. And yes do try to spend a little time in Vancouver, Stanley Park is a must see and so is Victoria with Butchart Gardens.

I looked at your album just now. What kind of camera do you guys use for your underwater (snorkel) pictures? They looked good!

I took the snorkel photos for the Serenade cruise with our older Canon Power Shot A60 and it's underwater box. The newer Navigator cruise snorkel photos were taken with our new Canon G9 and the underwater box for it also by Canon.

I took the snorkel photos for the Serenade cruise with our older Canon Power Shot A60 and it's underwater box. The newer Navigator cruise snorkel photos were taken with our new Canon G9 and the underwater box for it also by Canon.

Thanks. Sorry to stray off topic. We're trying to see what works.

Archived