Santorini tender question on Princess ship

How does Princess Cruises handle tenders for those not doing a Princess excursion? I know those on a Princess excursion will be tendered to a different port with road access for their tour, and that non-Princess excursion people go to a different port to take cable car, donkey or walk up the steps. My question is whether Princess will alternate tenders boats to each port or will non-excursion people have to wait til Princess excursion tenders done? I'd like to get to the cable car before the other ships come in to avoid a long line plus have as much time as possible to see Fira and Oia.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

How does Princess Cruises handle tenders for those not doing a Princess excursion? I know those on a Princess excursion will be tendered to a different port with road access for their tour, and that non-Princess excursion people go to a different port to take cable car, donkey or walk up the steps. My question is whether Princess will alternate tenders boats to each port or will non-excursion people have to wait til Princess excursion tenders done? I'd like to get to the cable car before the other ships come in to avoid a long line plus have as much time as possible to see Fira and Oia.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

I don't know the answer to your question for sure, but my excursion in Santorini isn't until 1:15, so they surely aren't going to tender me early in the morning. So I would think they will have tenders running to both ports all day.

We were just on the Grand and we did not stop to let shore excursions off at the other port. We sailed right in to near the cable car and started getting off right away. We got a tender ticket for the second tender at 8AM so the first tender had already left. Last year on the Emerald we got on the first tender at 7:30. I'm not sure what Princess does with their excursions but we had no problems getting off early. The port of Santorini supplies the tenders and if you are off early there is no problem getting up the cable car.

I appreciate your quick responses. I think we'll be okay. Just wasn't sure if Princess ran alternating tenders to the two ports. I noticed on bus schedule from Fira to Oia that there is one at 8:30 am and was trying to determine if feasible.

Thanks again, and happy cruising!!

I appreciate your quick responses. I think we'll be okay. Just wasn't sure if Princess ran alternating tenders to the two ports. I noticed on bus schedule from Fira to Oia that there is one at 8:30 am and was trying to determine if feasible.

Thanks again, and happy cruising!!

I have been to Santorini 3 times. Always tendered for the ship tours to first port, then ships moved to Fira. Never tendered back to first port. Ships tours take cable car or donkey or walk back down to tenders.

Thank you for your responses! I see Princess has excursions at 8 am - 8:45 and then two more around 1 pm. I was hoping to catch an early tender and 7:30ish would be perfect. So I will hope for the best. I am really looking forward to this port!!

Thank you for your responses! I see Princess has excursions at 8 am - 8:45 and then two more around 1 pm. I was hoping to catch an early tender and 7:30ish would be perfect. So I will hope for the best. I am really looking forward to this port!!

Get 4 tickets while you're there will you? ;)

Archived