Bougainvillea or Hilton?

SantaAna,CA

I'll be in Barbados in December, a couple of days before boarding a cruise. I'm fond of the Hilton for it's beautiful beach, stunning views from the Oceanview rooms, and on-site dive shop, but I've also been looking at the Bougainvillea Beach Club. The rooms also look nice (and come with kitchens), and it seems a less massive hotel. Can anyone give me personal experience of the Bougainvillea, or even better, compare the two? I've been at the Hilton only in a day room, I've never stayed overnight.

Thanks for any opinions!

Jane

Bouganvillea should provide you more of a 'local' experience if you think you'd like that

since it's not as isolated a hotel as is the more 'American/International 'Hilton, set away by itself on Needham's Point.

Bouganvillea is on the Maxwell Coast Road (a loop off the Maxwell Main Road)

with other smallish hotels, guest houses, residences and restaurants nearby

along that Maxwell Coast Road.

Both have nice beaches, but Bouganvillea should cost less, I'd think!

I'll be in Barbados in December, a couple of days before boarding a cruise. I'm fond of the Hilton for it's beautiful beach, stunning views from the Oceanview rooms, and on-site dive shop, but I've also been looking at the Bougainvillea Beach Club. The rooms also look nice (and come with kitchens), and it seems a less massive hotel. Can anyone give me personal experience of the Bougainvillea, or even better, compare the two? I've been at the Hilton only in a day room, I've never stayed overnight.

Thanks for any opinions!

Jane

I have a timeshare at Bougainvillea and just LOVE it. We go back every April for 3 weeks and I cannot say enough good things about it. It is a small hotel, friendly staff who go out of their way to make your stay pleasant and a great beach. It is great to return year after year and be greeted by name and know you will get great service. The beach is beautiful and there are two restaurants and watersports on site.

Each unit comes with a kitchen. You can bring some breakfast items and save a few bucks. There are nearby grocery stores or you can have them stock the kitchen for you.

I promise you that your experience at Bougainvillea will be a good one. Been going there since 1996 and have been going to Barbados every year since 1981. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Terri

• 5 weeks later...
Bouganvillea should provide you more of a 'local' experience if you think you'd like that

since it's not as isolated a hotel as is the more 'American/International 'Hilton, set away by itself on Needham's Point.

Bouganvillea is on the Maxwell Coast Road (a loop off the Maxwell Main Road)

with other smallish hotels, guest houses, residences and restaurants nearby

along that Maxwell Coast Road.

Both have nice beaches, but Bouganvillea should cost less, I'd think!

Aplmac:Need your help/advice about a hotel in Barbados(Bridgetown) for friends of my who are sailing on the Sea Princess March 7 ,2009 ...they need a place that offers shuttle service from airport to hotel and shuttle service from hotel to cruiseport...can you help us out.:confused:

Archived