Alcohol. Bringing your own, etc...????

vizzle

Sorry couldn't find the other threads devoted to this.

Has anyone ever been caught? What have they done?

How do the Rum runner flasks work? Does it work well, easy to package, etc.

How do you all feel about bringing your own alcohol on board?

In what amounts do you bring your own? Any special packaging, etc?

Actually I'm surprised you couldn't find any other threads on this subject...seems just about every other day one pops up! :)

For me I just throw a bottle of my favorite adult beverage in one of my checked bags, and I have never had a problem. You should not try to get it through in your carry-on because they will find it and confiscate it.

That's the long and short of it for me, but I'm sure others will pontificate much more on the details of booze 'smuggling'..

I've padded a bottle and I've used Rum Runner Flasks. Both have worked fine. I ususaly bring 1 ltr along for in room consumption.

There must be approximately 2, 389, 412 threads on this subject, so you should be able to find at least one.

Why don't you just order from the Bon Voyage Department before sailing?

I've used the rum runners. They are very simple to use. We simply took one 750ml bottle which fit into 2 rum runners. We pack them with our toiletries that way the TSA will assume it's just mouthwash or liquid soap from the x-ray. Just don't take outragous amounts. The cruise line does allow for you take 1 bottle of wine per person, but i have heard that people have gotten away with 2 bottles. If you pack your rum runners into your check baggage you can pack your wine into your carry-on. You should be fine. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Why don't you just order from the Bon Voyage Department before sailing?

I agree with ordering. All the stress folks put into sneaking it.......whew. It seems that having it waiting for you in the cabin is a good way to go. Less costly than by the drink:cool:

Have been on 3 cruises and was successful on 2. Got it on ok on Pride and Coral princess. Flew from Fresno and hed 3 bottles in bag for coral. But Easter vacation was on Monarch of seas . Got caught. All they did was put a note in bag saying that we could get it on disembarkation. They had the contraband on a table in Port. I might say it was a very big table with some interesting stuff on it.

I promised I would never disclose what we did a few years ago but I have too. Dh and I worked a a local security company as Personal protection officers( yes females and be body guards too!) We were in charge of search and seizure of banned substances at special events.And.....We learned a few bad tricks on how to smuggle things into places:o ,I am going to share them with you. here goes...

We take our Rye( Whiskey) in a ginger ale bottle , they are the same colour and we have actually walked right up to a port security officer in maimi with our gingerale and he was none the aware.We get one pop card and bring our gingerale with us all over the ship.

Rye is the the same color as gingerale. Vodka is the same as water and so is gin.and so is white rum.

It is a big savings when you can BYOB.

Bar stock on the ship for one shot is 5.50, why would we spend that kind of money when we can bring our one.

We will do this again on our next cruise too.If we get caught,well I guess turn around is fair play:D

You will never get it through RCI or NCL. They have a zero tolerance policy.

But don't give the OP such a hard time. Most people that bring their own on board also run up significant bar tabs. They just want to cut a corner where they can. I bring my allotted 2 bottles of wine for cabin consumption and buy a bottle at dinner each night and then drinks throughout the evening. We're not trying to cheat anyone, but if they would not double and triple the price of their booze on board, we would not be bringing anything with us. A profit is fine, but their profit margins on booze is exorbitant!

we use rum runners, sailed rccl mariner of the seas in may, our first with rccl didnt know what to expect...fine. took 3 bags (checked) all had a flask. i usually put a pint of rum in my cosmetic bag, inside a ziplock. a softsided cooler with a walmart bag full of beer too. i put it in an checked bag with shoes, snorkel, mask...cindy

we use rum runners, sailed rccl mariner of the seas in may, our first with rccl didnt know what to expect...fine. took 3 bags (checked) all had a flask. i usually put a pint of rum in my cosmetic bag, inside a ziplock. a softsided cooler with a walmart bag full of beer too. i put it in an checked bag with shoes, snorkel, mask...cindy

Just received my rum runners the other day. Is it best to put them in my checked luggage or my carry on?

Raising my hand very high on this one. On the Glory in April my DW had several bottles in her carry-on. They x-ray'd it and kept running it back and forth to look at it. After alerting several people to also take a look they finally pulled it and my DW.

They opened one side and took out three bottles. The said you were only allowed either one bottle of wine or champagne. Of course they took then asked if there were anymore. DW told them no and they looked in the other side and took out 3 more bottles. They were only like flavored wine, no liquor.

When they got it all we just packed up and left. I turned to the lady and said "what time is the party at your house tonight, then smiled at her. She got a kick out of it.

When we finally got to the cabin DW pulled out the little single mixer bottles they didn;t find.

Yes, they will find it and they will take it from you. As they told us, 1 bottle of either wine or champaine.

NCL is the most strict on enforcement, but I got a bunch through in May. Mostly RumRunners, but I also got a 3 liter box of wine onboard.

First, make sure the wine is in a clear plastic, not metallic, bag. Next, I took the wine out of the box (carefully) and packed a glue stick and the empty box. The wine bladder was wrapped in a towel, and then stuffed into a pillowcase. Made a real nice-looking pillow!

On my last Legend cruise we had in our checked baggage:

10 - 12 packs of Bud Light cans

2 - 2 Liter bottles of premix margarita - In Rum Runner Flasks

2 - 2 Liter bottles of premix pina colada - In RR Flasks

1 - 2 Liter bottle of Long Island Iced Tea - In the plastic bottle it came in.

All our bags made it to our cabins.

You will never get it through RCI or NCL. They have a zero tolerance policy.

But don't give the OP such a hard time. Most people that bring their own on board also run up significant bar tabs. They just want to cut a corner where they can. I bring my allotted 2 bottles of wine for cabin consumption and buy a bottle at dinner each night and then drinks throughout the evening. We're not trying to cheat anyone, but if they would not double and triple the price of their booze on board, we would not be bringing anything with us. A profit is fine, but their profit margins on booze is exorbitant!

NCL is tough--RCI easy. Never have had a problem with RCI. Smuggle On!:D

See Cruisegal's post and read the link in my post.

Just received my rum runners the other day. Is it best to put them in my checked luggage or my carry on?

I agree with ordering. All the stress folks put into sneaking it.......whew. It seems that having it waiting for you in the cabin is a good way to go. Less costly than by the drink:cool:

No stress & it saves me money. If you don't want to smuggle, then don't, it's not rocket science. I choose to save money there so I can spend it elsewhere. We always put a bottle of vodka in the luggage, wrapped securely to prevent breakage. We also bring Bailey's minis for coffee on the balcony every morning, also in the luggage. And a few bottles of champagne & wine to enjoy on the balcony, in our carry-on because that is allowed. No stress. No worries. Never been busted.

Raising my hand very high on this one. On the Glory in April my DW had several bottles in her carry-on. They x-ray'd it and kept running it back and forth to look at it. After alerting several people to also take a look they finally pulled it and my DW.

They opened one side and took out three bottles. The said you were only allowed either one bottle of wine or champagne. Of course they took then asked if there were anymore. DW told them no and they looked in the other side and took out 3 more bottles. They were only like flavored wine, no liquor.

When they got it all we just packed up and left. I turned to the lady and said "what time is the party at your house tonight, then smiled at her. She got a kick out of it.

When we finally got to the cabin DW pulled out the little single mixer bottles they didn;t find.

Yes, they will find it and they will take it from you. As they told us, 1 bottle of either wine or champaine.

You got caught because you put it in the carry-on luggage. If you'd put it in the checked luggage, you would have been fine.

Wine/champagne are OK in carry-on; liquor is not.

On my last Legend cruise we had in our checked baggage:

10 - 12 packs of Bud Light cans

2 - 2 Liter bottles of premix margarita - In Rum Runner Flasks

2 - 2 Liter bottles of premix pina colada - In RR Flasks

1 - 2 Liter bottle of Long Island Iced Tea - In the plastic bottle it came in.

All our bags made it to our cabins.

WOW :eek: Did you have room for cloths?? (JK)

Received our Rum Runners in the mail last week so were ready for a few mixed drinks in the room.

My DH is a Beer drinker and had not thought about trying to get that on board. How was the bear packed? :confused:

Received our Rum Runners in the mail last week so were ready for a few mixed drinks in the room.

My DH is a Beer drinker and had not thought about trying to get that on board. How was the bear packed? :confused:

Of course I meant BEER :rolleyes:

Send me an email.... bobandjke@aol.com and I'll shoot you back a picture

Let me try to post this......100_1254_Small_.JPG

Stress over smuggling alcohol on Carnival? It's no stress at all. If you remember the basic rule "DO NOT PUT IT IN YOUR CARRY ON LUGGAGE" you will be fine. I don't even remember the last time someone posted an incident of having alcohol confiscated from their checked luggage. It just doesn't happen much.

Archived