What are the best mini's on Golden?

harrynterry

I want to sail to Hawaii for my 60th Bday in January 2010. The Golden is the only ship doing this and since we have never sailed on her I wondered what were the best mini-suite locations. Please share your favorite with me and if you have taken this cruise what did you like best? Thanks everyone!!

We have cruised the GOlden, Diamond and Saphire all in minis and we booked catagory AB . On the Golden it was D616. We liked this location because it was midway between the aft elevators and the mid ship ones. You use the aft elevators to get to the buffet.

carole

The mini suites on the Dolphin deck, where I had one on the Golden, all have uncovered balconies. This might be an issue for you since all the people on the three decks above you can view your balcony, hence, no privacy at all. Also, no shade on the balcony. If that's a concern for you and you still want a mini suite, then book a mini suite on the Emerald deck. There are only 12 minis on this deck and they are all towards the rear of the deck. This really suited my needs and I book E729 for my Star Princess cruise. E729 and E730 have extra large balconies but all 12 cabins have covered balconies and are near to the rear elevators.

I want to sail to Hawaii for my 60th Bday in January 2010. The Golden is the only ship doing this and since we have never sailed on her I wondered what were the best mini-suite locations. Please share your favorite with me and if you have taken this cruise what did you like best? Thanks everyone!!

As others have said, it depends on whether you want a covered or open balcony. We've booked E728 for our Golden trip to Hawaii on Jan 31/10. Is that when you're sailing as well?

Warren and Yvonne

We really like the minis in the D424/D425 area because of their proximity to the mid-ship elevators & stairs. We really enjoy the uncovered mini suites on Dolphin Deck; however, if I was cruising Alaska I might be more inclined to pick one of the few covered ones on Emerald Deck...

Archived