What fll hotels have a view of cruise ships coming in?

illinoismom

Lago Mar is a short walk down the beach from the cut that the ships use to sail in and out of port. We got up at five, made coffee, and sat on our balcony and watched the Caribbean Princess come in about 45 minutes later, all lit up like a Christmas tree. It was such a beautiful sight!!! It truly gave me goosebumps, and you feel like you could reach out and touch that ship. Actually, you can walk down the beach and be so up close if you wanted to. Lago Mar is a gorgeous resort, a bit pricey, but has beautiful pools (2), the ocean, tennis, mini golf, wonderful restaurants, and fabulous service. Going again next April pre cruise. They have a great website, have a look.

http://www.lagomar.com

Karen

The Hyatt, Ft Lauderdale Grande some rooms at the Renaissance and Embassy Suites and probably the Harbor beach marriott.....

(the lago mar is WAY out of my price range....and i would use marriott points for Harbor Beach!)

I did check out the Hyatt Pier 66, and Ft. Lauderdale Grande. The rooms at these hotels that overlook the port are pretty much the same as the rooms at Lago Mar.

Karen

The Hyatt, Ft Lauderdale Grande some rooms at the Renaissance and Embassy Suites and probably the Harbor beach marriott.....

(the lago mar is WAY out of my price range....and i would use marriott points for Harbor Beach!)

You mean you can not see cruise ships on Central IL.......oh wait what I am thinking....We live on Bloomington. IL and always like seeing the ships come it (guess the boats in the IL River do not cut it). Had some great photos of the Golden coming into San Pedro last year. Worth seeing if you get pu earlier enough.

Do any of these hotels offer park, sleep and cruise? Looking for a place to leave my car if possible... Port Everglades is pretty limited I am finding!

Closest to the port would be Hyatt Place , 1851 SE 10th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

• 2 weeks later...
This was the view from our room at the Embassy Suites. We had a small walk out balcony overlooking the port.

Thanks for posting your pix. We will be staying at The Embassy Suites Pre-cruise in August, and I believe we have a waterside room! I hope we are lucky enough to have similar views!

:D

A~

That small hotel in the second picture across the street from the Pier 66 is the Best Western. Its not fancy, but its been redone, they provide transfers. and it is right on the water across from the piers!

It was torn down a couple of years ago. The remaining strip of buildings in the photo have been gutted and are awaiting demolition. :rolleyes:

We have stayed at the Courtyard By Marriott Downtown Miami prior to a cruise & while we did not see the ships come in, they were there outside when we woke up that morning. I assume it would also depend on the location of your room as to whether you can see the ships or not.:)

Thanks for posting your pix. We will be staying at The Embassy Suites Pre-cruise in August, and I believe we have a waterside room! I hope we are lucky enough to have similar views!

:D

A~

If you are a Hilton Honors club member, call the hotel a few days before arriving and request a port view room on a higher floor. Even if you're not a member, couldn't hurt to request in advance!

Enjoy!!!

If you are a Hilton Honors club member, call the hotel a few days before arriving and request a port view room on a higher floor. Even if you're not a member, couldn't hurt to request in advance!

Enjoy!!!

Thanks! Will do!

A~

The Marriott Harbor Beach hotel has perfect views of the ships coming into FLL. All rooms are ocean views and you can see the ships line up to enter the port. This picture was taken from our room balcony.

Ft_Lauderdale_14.sized.jpg

You can check out out all of our sunrise and hotel picture here. Click Here

Michael

That small hotel in the second picture across the street from the Pier 66 is the Best Western. Its not fancy, but its been redone, they provide transfers. and it is right on the water across from the piers!

We stayed there in February '06, and it wasn't all that bad...tired and old...but clean. Great location, though. Do you know if it's still called Best Western? And, their website?

Thanks!

The Marriott Harbor Beach hotel has perfect views of the ships coming into FLL. All rooms are ocean views and you can see the ships line up to enter the port. This picture was taken from our room balcony.

Ft_Lauderdale_14.sized.jpg

You can check out out all of our sunrise and hotel picture here. Click Here

Michael

Love this picture it's beautiful thanks for sharing.

Christine

We stayed there in February '06, and it wasn't all that bad...tired and old...but clean. Great location, though. Do you know if it's still called Best Western? And, their website?

Thanks!

The hotel your referring to was torn down a couple of years ago.

///////

"Regarding the Hyatt Pier 66, can we catch the Sun Trolley close to this hotel and get to any restaurants, grocery stores, etc.?

BC"

The Sun Trolley stop is just across the street and heads to the beach and restaurants and shopping. We rode on it last March.

the water taxi stops at a pier on the hotel grounds and is more of a tour with stops for $14 . Some operators talk more than others. Restaurants are close to many stops. We loved the water taxi. Pier 66 was wonderful.

Archived