Any good drinks with no alcohol??

k.hill

Hi,

I've cruised several times before, and always have trouble finding a really yummy drink without alcohol. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

K.Hill

.....they REALLY make drinks without alcohol? What will they think of next!

:rolleyes:

Also, when ordering the DOD mocktails, if it's for one of your underage travelers, make sure to take a test sip. Our last cruise our DD was served the real thing on more than one occasion. They make so many of them, it's an honest mistake. Just had to drink it myself and order her another. :p

Yes they are able make all their drinks as Virgin Drinks , if you ask

they are just slightly lower priced though ...

I also have the Carnival Cocktails book

and they list several extra non alcoholic drinks in them :)

under the Zero Content - Innocent Fun page!!

here they are :

Pink Panther

Coconut Kiss

Pineapple Delight

Fantasy Passion

Summer Breeze

Calypso

Cherry Kiss

Summer Dream

Sensation Passion

Tropical Fruit Punch

Caribbean Fruit Smash

Tropical Island Smoothy

Now be aware that some of the bartenders may not be used to making some of the drinks...

That is why I always have my Carnival Cocktails book Handy with me :D

They will make any drink listed in there ...

if you shhow it to them &

they are eager to please ;)

It is well worth the few dollars I spent on it.

For my birthday group last year ,

I purchased the Carnival Cocktails book for each cabin

and everyone seemed glad to have it ,

I might add:cool:

Ask for the DOD virgin...they will make it. Any drink they make you can get it virgin...but will probably charge as much as with alcohol.

Without alcohol...usually $1 less. Not much of a bargain.

Also, when ordering the DOD mocktails, if it's for one of your underage travelers, make sure to take a test sip. Our last cruise our DD was served the real thing on more than one occasion. They make so many of them, it's an honest mistake. Just had to drink it myself and order her another. :p

We had a similar situation...in the show lounge. My niece ordered a strawberry dacquiri - virgin and got the real thing :eek: ! I'm sure it was just a mistake since it was dark and the waiter had several on his tray - I think he just gave her the wrong one. But after a couple of sips - she leaned over to me and said..."this doesn't taste right". I took a sip and knew right away why ;) .

I really feel bad for whoever got the one without the alcohol....I'll bet they said "this doesn't taste right" too :eek: :D !!

Drinks without alcohol ?? :eek: Ok in all seriousness most of the frozen drinks are awesome without the alcohol. I'd stay away from the DOD's though. Most of them contain several different flavored alcohol which in turn is what gives the drink a certain flavor. I'm not sure it's possible to mock each of those flavors without the alcohol. Ex.. the ones that use the banana flavored rums, chocolate liquors etc. Trying to duplicate that specific taste would be hard since it's the combination of flavors that makes the final product so good. I absolutely love the miami vice and could drink it without the added booze and still love it :)

Drinks without alcohol ?? :eek: Ok in all seriousness most of the frozen drinks are awesome without the alcohol. I'd stay away from the DOD's though. Most of them contain several different flavored alcohol which in turn is what gives the drink a certain flavor. I'm not sure it's possible to mock each of those flavors without the alcohol. Ex.. the ones that use the banana flavored rums, chocolate liquors etc. Trying to duplicate that specific taste would be hard since it's the combination of flavors that makes the final product so good. I absolutely love the miami vice and could drink it without the added booze and still love it :)

I love the miami vice too :)

So where does one find the little book of Carnival drinks-only on the ship or can I find it elsewhere? I am getting married next year and I would love to put one of these books into each of the bags I am making for each cabin.

Barbara

So where does one find the little book of Carnival drinks-only on the ship or can I find it elsewhere? I am getting married next year and I would love to put one of these books into each of the bags I am making for each cabin.

Barbara

I ordered them online on the Carnival website

under the gift section

The Bon Voyage dept.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Gourmet+Delights&pid=633

$3.95 per book

you can also order it at the

1-800-522-7648

Monday - Friday

9:00am - 5:30pm, Eastern Time

CarnivalCreationCocktail633.jpg

We had a similar situation...in the show lounge. My niece ordered a strawberry dacquiri - virgin and got the real thing :eek: ! I'm sure it was just a mistake since it was dark and the waiter had several on his tray - I think he just gave her the wrong one. But after a couple of sips - she leaned over to me and said..."this doesn't taste right". I took a sip and knew right away why ;) .

I really feel bad for whoever got the one without the alcohol....I'll bet they said "this doesn't taste right" too :eek: :D !!

My daughter also was served a fully loaded strawberry daquiri, even though it was ordered virgin. I'm not sure if the waiter didn't understand that virgin means no alcohol or what. So, yeah, parents need to test sip.

Archived