go with gus, problems with email/website

momoforthodoc

i'm trying to get some information from go with gus tours. we will be in guatemala in dec. on the coral princess but haven't been able to contact gus. email gets returned and the form on the website doesn't go through. has anyone else had problems recently with his site? maybe there's a new site/email address? thanks for any help.

jeralyn ;)

I had no luck with Gus either by website or email when I tried several months ago. I know many people have been happy with his tours, but I didn't get a good impression. I actually even wondered if he had more business than he could handle.

There are other private tour companies that have also gotten good reviews. If you aren't able to get solid contact with Gus, I would look for other options. I did.

I had no luck with Gus either by website or email when I tried several months ago. I know many people have been happy with his tours, but I didn't get a good impression. I actually even wondered if he had more business than he could handle.

There are other private tour companies that have also gotten good reviews. If you aren't able to get solid contact with Gus, I would look for other options. I did.

any suggestions on other tour companies? i'd appreciate any help or advise :)

We used Happy Fish and plan on using them again in Dec. They have very similar tours that are much cheaper than the ship. They do not offer a humanitarian tour but have one that goes up the river.

I plan on using Turix Activo tours. I sent an email to Luis luis@turixactivo.com and got a VERY prompt and descriptive reply along with a full color PDF format brochure that listed all their offered tours.

I will not leave for Guatemala until January, so can't officially review their tours, but I was very happy with the prompt and professional manner in which they replied to my emailed questions. If you do a search for their name on this forum,there are also a few good reviews from people who have used their tour services.

Happy Fish is another tour operator I have seen reviews on.

I hope that at least gives you some other options.

~The Redhead

Gus' new website is up and running. His prices have also increased most likely to cover the cost of fuel. I've contacted other tour companies and they do not plan on raising there prices unless its needed. Nobody knows what fuel prices are going to do before the end of the year.

Gus' new website is up and running. His prices have also increased most likely to cover the cost of fuel. I've contacted other tour companies and they do not plan on raising there prices unless its needed. Nobody knows what fuel prices are going to do before the end of the year.

What have his prices gone up from? From what to what? Just curious. What are the other tour companies that do the humanitarian tour?

Thanks

pipedreams62

• 4 weeks later...
I plan on using Turix Activo tours. I sent an email to Luis luis@turixactivo.com and got a VERY prompt and descriptive reply along with a full color PDF format brochure that listed all their offered tours.

I will not leave for Guatemala until January, so can't officially review their tours, but I was very happy with the prompt and professional manner in which they replied to my emailed questions. If you do a search for their name on this forum,there are also a few good reviews from people who have used their tour services.

Happy Fish is another tour operator I have seen reviews on.

I hope that at least gives you some other options.

~The Redhead

What kind of tour are you guys doing?

• 6 months later...
I plan on using Turix Activo tours. I will not leave for Guatemala until January, so can't officially review their tours, ~The Redhead

Hey, redhead, are you still around? I'm wondering how your tour w/ Turix went.

Hope to hear from you.

I recently emailed Gus & he emailed me back the same day! I have actually gotten 2 very prompt responses from him. One including an attachment with a detailed itinerary. I was impressed!

We are doing the Humanitarian tour with him in March & are really looking forward to it.

I recently emailed Gus & he emailed me back the same day! I have actually gotten 2 very prompt responses from him. One including an attachment with a detailed itinerary. I was impressed!

We are doing the Humanitarian tour with him in March & are really looking forward to it.

I am delighted to hear this because we had trouble reaching him back in December and decided that we wern't going to risk our day in Guatemala. That said he and his people were waiting for pax on the dock.

Archived