Question for those who have been on the Sapphire or Diamond

Painter

I was just reading a review of Princess Sapphire. I was concerned when I read...and I quote ...."Insulation between the cabins is poor so if you want to have a private conversation, ensure that you switch on your television"

Would those of you who have cruised on the Sapphire ...(or Diamond as they are built the same) please give your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks.....Marleneann.

Point me to that review please, I would sure love to read the entire thing.

NOPE, never heard a thing from above, below or either side, not even the toilet whoooooosh and THAT was one loud whooosh......never sit on it and flush at the same time.

Have been on Star/Sapphire and was astonished that they were so well insulated. Of course if you were out on your balcony and the next door neighbor, no they couldn't mean that....could they?....:D

we were in C-512 as if it matters.

I also just got off of the Sapphire (in fact I was on the same cruise as Catmand) and not once did we hear anything from above, below, and both sides. I would also love to see that review. Can you please tell us where it is? Thanks

Marilyn

I was also on the same cruise as catmand and mii and never heard a thing. We were in an inside Aloha deck #206. I was staying right next store to a guy named Doug who competed in Princess idol and had a very distinctive voice. I never knew we were neighbors until he stopped me in the hall and asked if I would support him when he sang in the competition.

Sharon

I was on the Sapphire in July to Alaska and heard very little from the rooms next to mine. Most of the noise I heard from the cabin next to mine was the first day when they boarded and were amazed at how nice they thought the rooms were. After that all I heard from time to time was when someone yelled or dropped something (sounded like shoes hitting the floor). Otherwise Most of the noise I heard in my room was from the hallway and even that was minimal.

It was on the Reviews on Cruise Critic jwfhunts 10/04 cabin C720.

Read down to

"On this cruise, I chose an inside cabin on Caribe deck. The cabin was comfortable and well appointed with a most attentive cabin attendant who kept the cabin spotless. Insulation between the cabins is poor so if you want to have a private conversation, ensure that you switch on your television. The cabin was eerie in many respects, the use of mirrors had a strange effect. If you looked in the mirror of the vanity unit, by reflection with the mirror over the bed, you saw the television and other items up to 14 times in a curve like environment giving the impression of a underground tunnel. Talking about televisions, more or a better selection of movies would have been appreciated. The en-suite was functional but had one of the smallest shower units that I have ever seen on any cruise ship. Shower pressure was good with lots of hot water."

I do hope he was exaggerating...I like a quiet room!

Marleneannau

Ok we have already discussed noise factors, I would think the dozen or so of us that wrote IT WAS QUIET would be enough to convince someone it was very,very quiet.

So, let us see: Catmand QUIET, Mii QUIET, vivalv66 QUIET, Susan64, QUIET, Sradogna, QUIET, sfpd3000 QUIET.........the review guy, noisey....I vote QUIET, you are going to LOVE it, don't worry about noise, please.....:D

I would aslo like to mention the reviewer wanted:

"Talking about televisions, more or a better selection of movies would have been appreciated"

Celebrity CHARGES fro it's in room movies.........what was on Princess last week, let nme see if I can remember some,

Lord Of The Rings, Return Of The King.....Harry Potter Prisoner Of Azkaban....Steppford Wives.....Shreck2.....Somethings Gotta Give.....Calander Girls.....Starsky and Hutch.....there were 3 movies on the TV FOR FREE every day from early am till late and a movie on the big screen every day. This is a prime example of what makes me nuts at times...............PLEASE, never read one review and start to get nervous.

Just got off Diamond this morning. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

C400 (PH suite)

quiet quiet quiet

The only thing we ever heard from another cabin was the very faint woosh of the toilet next door (these are louder than any I've ever heard btw) once early this morning, when we were quietly sailing into San Pedro.

There were some rambunctious kids that were not using their "library voices" in the hallways on occasion, but that was it.

I just got off the Diamond today. I was in an inside, E111. These little guys, perhaps 6-8 years old were running through the halls having a great time and were quite noisy when I met them in the hallways. It wasn't until yesterday, the last day of the cruise, that we realized they were in the cabin right next to us. We never heard a thing from these little guys or any of the neighbors for that matter. Please be assured that the cabins are well insulated.

Movies -I saw so many movies that I hadn't seen before. They were shown both on the TV and in the Princess theater. They had the Manchurian Candidate yesterday, great movie. I think I watched 3 movies a day on most days. Unfortunately didn't see any of the live shows.

:D

Just got off the Sapphire this week, I was with catman Jeepers Mill we were on Liedo deck I never heard a thing and I sleep on the bacony most nights. It was the best sleep I have every got I don;t know if the people next to me were man or woman, never heard them. Teresa

Got off the Diamond two weeks ago, and yes, I heard an awful lot of noise

from cabin D-420! However, my mom who was in the same cabin as I heard

nothing!

This is the first ship that I heard so much noise from my cabin. I could hear

the flip-flop sound on peoples' sandals as they passed by the cabin door.

I could hear several toilet flushes from the next door cabin. I could hear the 3 peoples' conversation in the cabin to our left; I could hear the husband and

wife's conversation and their arguing about where to hang the clothes to the left of our cabin. I could hear all the dishes clanking every morning during the

room service hours, but that was because our cabin was located so near to

the assembly area for the room service. I could also hear all the luggage arrivning while I was in our bathroom. I couldn't figure out what all the racket was and then realized that it was the luggage. But only heard that

noise on embarkation and the night before disembarkation.

Mom heard none of this. But I heard it all. Mom says I have extremely acute hearing. I don't think so. It's average. I had it tested one year ago and it's not exceptional hearing.

It certainly did not put a damper on my cruise, and only heard the noises when

people first came back to their cabins, and then the conversations settled down usually after 20 minutes or so.

I still favor aft cabins, much quieter!

While on the Sapphire in June the only time we heard the other passengers was while on the balcony the last day at sea. We were approaching Victoria, Canada when suddenly everyone seemed to be on their cell phones at the same time! Apparently we just came into the range for most service. It was kind of funny after all the peaceful balcony time we had all week.

We had a room on Aloha on the Diamond and I don't recall any noise except for some minor room vibration and the faint sound of the toilet flushing in the room next to us (only when it was really quiet).

It was on the Reviews on Cruise Critic jwfhunts 10/04 cabin C720.

Read down to

"On this cruise, I chose an inside cabin on Caribe deck. The cabin was comfortable and well appointed with a most attentive cabin attendant who kept the cabin spotless. Insulation between the cabins is poor so if you want to have a private conversation, ensure that you switch on your television. The cabin was eerie in many respects, the use of mirrors had a strange effect. If you looked in the mirror of the vanity unit, by reflection with the mirror over the bed, you saw the television and other items up to 14 times in a curve like environment giving the impression of a underground tunnel. Talking about televisions, more or a better selection of movies would have been appreciated. The en-suite was functional but had one of the smallest shower units that I have ever seen on any cruise ship. Shower pressure was good with lots of hot water."

I do hope he was exaggerating...I like a quiet room!

Marleneannau

I didn't hear anything besides the TV in our room. No noises from the neighbors.

Hi there, we were on the Sapphire this summer and thought our mini was very quiet. Only heard others when we were on the balcony. Of course I am a first grade teacher so it doesn't have to be extremely quiet to seem quiet to me! :)

Archived