New Wine Package (Over) Analysis

Another saver I have found with the wine package is twice I have ordered the Gold package and had a wine not available, so they exchanged it for the same varietal available from a higher package, which added slightly to my savings:D Not necessarily reliable but it has convinced me not to order higher than the gold package, since I can find wines I like on that list.

Cheers,

I'm with you on that, we always order the gold package and have always found something we like.

Anyone have an answer for this one? I have ordered the beverage package online and was charged a 15% gratuity. Who gets this gratuity when it's an online order????? Does anyone or is this another way for RCCI to squeeze a little more money from me?

Another saver I have found with the wine package is twice I have ordered the Gold package and had a wine not available, so they exchanged it for the same varietal available from a higher package, which added slightly to my savings:D Not necessarily reliable but it has convinced me not to order higher than the gold package, since I can find wines I like on that list.

Cheers,

My experience is that when they run out of awine in the list, they do NOT substitute for it. So if you are only interested in one or two on the list you could get stuck. We did, it was awhile back but it does leave a bad taste (bad pun) in your mouth.

It does look like they feature more value pricing than before which is good.

Hi there , my partner and i are going on FOS - 11.29.09 :D, we brought the platinum 5 bottles package and it cost us £90.86 including gratuity. Each works out at £18.17 a bottle . Which is 3 times the price of most of the bottles in the list. But go anywhere to eat out in England and you would pay the same if not more. Also worth it if you like a variety of wines . We didn't go for the diamond package as the two other wines on choice for selection aren't worth it . You can get them for £3-4 here and are no better than the others on the platinum range.... hope that helps ;)

I preorded for our upcoming cruise. I would not consider anything but the basic package because they do not tell you the year of the wine, therefore it's hard to justify an extra $7 per bottle when, on our last sailing, one or two of the wines were absolutely awful. At least we know the korbel will be consistent..... and they'll be consumed at the hot tub :)

Hi there , my partner and i are going on FOS - 11.29.09 :D, we brought the platinum 5 bottles package and it cost us £90.86 including gratuity. Each works out at £18.17 a bottle . Which is 3 times the price of most of the bottles in the list. But go anywhere to eat out in England and you would pay the same if not more. Also worth it if you like a variety of wines . We didn't go for the diamond package as the two other wines on choice for selection aren't worth it . You can get them for £3-4 here and are no better than the others on the platinum range.... hope that helps ;)

I saw one bottle in that package that looked like it might be worth more than the other packages but without the year I hope you get a good vintage......

Anyone have an answer for this one? I have ordered the beverage package online and was charged a 15% gratuity. Who gets this gratuity when it's an online order????? Does anyone or is this another way for RCCI to squeeze a little more money from me?

They deliver it to your dining table. Cork and pour = 15%

I saw one bottle in that package that looked like it might be worth more than the other packages but without the year I hope you get a good vintage......

thanks mademypoint, didn't give that a thought. You must know a lot about wines , i did try to edit that comment but was past the 15 minute time frame. I was only talking about the reds and comparing the bottles names to what we have here. but if i was to pay for vintage in a resturant here you pay more for it anyway.

Archived