Lido Dinning on Formal Night

mozart1999

Hello Everyone :

I have been reading a lot of threads (some new and some old) that the main topic is about formal nights and the dress code.

I myself have this discussion with some future fellow cruisers and have a final point that everyone is concern and it repeats in almost every thread about the dress code .....

If you have decided NOT to dress for formal night, but respect the cruise line code and all fellow cruisers that choose to dress properly and decided that the Lido or Room service is good for you .....

Always the LOBSTER is the main reason they dress for formal night, so, finally, here is my question :

Does the Lido serves the Lobster, and if they don´t, can You order it from the dinning room menu and be delivered by room service ? At what time you have to call room service to order the Lobster ?

Thank You

Hello Everyone :

Always the LOBSTER is the main reason they dress for formal night, so, finally, here is my question :

Does the Lido serves the Lobster, and if they don´t, can You order it from the dinning room menu and be delivered by room service ? At what time you have to call room service to order the Lobster ?

Thank You

I have understood from posts in the past that any item on the dining room menu may be ordered thru room service. I believe you must order within the first half hour of the opening time of the main dining room ... but you may have your meal delivered anytime you wish, not necessarily right after the dining room opens. You may either check the dinner menus when they are posted or some posters have indicated you may request menus from your room steward.

Yes, you may order the lobster dinners from room service. Last cruise my DH ordered three of them for himself while I was in the DR. You can order anytime after the first main dinner seating has started. Others have said only half an hour after but I have ordered dinner at 7:30 and had no problems whatsoever.

On our longer cruises of 30 days or more they have also served the lobster in the Lido on formal nights it was served in the DR.

Yes -- you can order from service. But you will need to do so from 5:15 (when the lower level of the dining room opens) and 5:45.

You can tell them what time you wish to have your dinner delivered to the cabin.

Keep in mind -- the lobster tails are very small -- maybe 2 bites - so you may want to order more than 1 dinner per person. Also remember that when lobsters are kept under the lid covers, they will continue to cook from the time they leave the kitchen until they reach your cabin. We gave up pn lobster a long time ago as they are just too tough by the time they get from the kitchen to the table in the dining room.

Lobster so far has never been available for dinner in the Lido.

Archived