ILL treatment by HAL!

TwoTravelers

Re-reading what I wrote late last night surprised me this afternoon, as I was way more upset than I needed to be. I think that it was the last straw on a very bad week or so, when even a minor molehill becomes a moutain.

Have not heard back from our TA yet, but have no problem with a ship board credit for the port fees. I think the biggest dispointment is that there was no replacement port, just another day at sea. (I was expecting CG to be cancelled and was hoping for a replacement stop at Costa Maya). We choose our cruises by ports first, ship second. And as I said in my post on the twotravelers thread, it will still be 10 below back home while we are sailing somewhere between Cozumel and Jamaica, rather than moored at GC - like I said sometimes small molehills become mountains until you stop and relect and figure out that the glass is not half empty.

I have never had a bad experience with HAL, and as I have said before, even our two teens prefer to sail HAL over Carnival and Princess, as they consider it "classier". (They prefer to spend their sea days on the balcony reading and just enjoying the sun.)

My apologies to all, and thanks to those with positive comments.

Re-reading what I wrote late last night surprised me this afternoon, as I was way more upset than I needed to be. I think that it was the last straw on a very bad week or so, when even a minor molehill becomes a moutain.

Have not heard back from our TA yet, but have no problem with a ship board credit for the port fees. I think the biggest dispointment is that there was no replacement port, just another day at sea. (I was expecting CG to be cancelled and was hoping for a replacement stop at Costa Maya). We choose our cruises by ports first, ship second. And as I said in my post on the twotravelers thread, it will still be 10 below back home while we are sailing somewhere between Cozumel and Jamaica, rather than moored at GC - like I said sometimes small molehills become mountains until you stop and relect and figure out that the glass is not half empty.

I have never had a bad experience with HAL, and as I have said before, even our two teens prefer to sail HAL over Carnival and Princess, as they consider it "classier". (They prefer to spend their sea days on the balcony reading and just enjoying the sun.)

My apologies to all, and thanks to those with positive comments.

Dont give up hope yet, they might change your itinerary again, maybe with Costa Maya as a port :)

Re-reading what I wrote late last night surprised me this afternoon, as I was way more upset than I needed to be. My apologies to all, and thanks to those with positive comments.

Even harder to say that a simple "I'm sorry" is "I may have overreacted."

I'm sure you'll have a very good cruise, mcduck, whichever places your ship ends up going.

As for twocruisers, somehow I don't think we'll hear them same sentiment. And that's too bad - nothing worse than deciding you'll have a rotten time even before you head up the gangplank.

Quite by accident, I happened on a very interesting thread that might be something some of you who are supposed to stop in Grand Cayman. Some of it won't apply to you at all and truthfully I didn't read the whole thing. But it has some very good info about what's going on there:

Cruise Critic Message Boards - Grand Cayman Excursions

Since there was so much discussion about GC on this thread, I thought I'd post this link here.

Superstein, I sure don't always agree with you, but I have never known you to be so confusing in your observations. First, if you will read my former comment you will see I said "a few posters got nasty". So I acknowledged that.

But several of the posts you copied into yours are simply not nasty. For instance the suggestion to "take lemons and make lemonade" is not. Have you never heard this positive way of looking at things before? And "Come on. Give HAL a break" is not either. And of all the comments you site, I would say 6 of them could possible fit the description of "nasty".

Everyone commented on the facts as they were stated by the OP. If he had more to say, he could have put it in his original post or followed up to clarify what he was upset about. Since he chose not to, I have to suspect he was looking for a different reaction from people.

This is not a courtroom. Someone posted a gripe with a big frown face and stated he'd been ill treated and folks reacted that with the information provided they didn't feel he had been. You're trying to launch a veritible investigation to delve into every nuance of what the OP meant when I think it was quite clear at the onset!

I still think, that for the most part, people were more than fair.

Heather - OK, let me clear this up - I think some of the responses were outright nasty - as you do. And others , while not nasty, were critical.

I guess my point is why criticize the OP without having all the facts?

I don't have a problem with people being critical when the situation calls for it (as I have done this myself) - but the OP didn't give enough info IMO to justify all the criticism received.

• 1 month later...

After reviewing all the comments on my posting, for those that were constructive, I thank you. For those that were unduly critical, stuff it! Figure out what category your posting fits yourself.

For everyone's information HAL restored the original itinerary and a excellent cruise was enjoyed by all. Good night all.......

There are no realities, only perspectives...

Can't understand those people who have to flame someone who has had a bad experience... If someone states they had rotten service and will never cruise that line again someone else will state they had the best service ever and almost accuse the poster of various attitudinal shortcomings...

We just did a B2B on the Sun Princess and had various stops altered and duplicated...

If we had booked the cruise only because we would visit certain ports we would have been upset... but because we cruise a lot we like any port days where people get off our yacht... We have our own issues with Princess and I also got flamed for expressing OUR experiences...

Even if you disagree because your experience was different, people still have the right to express their opinion of what happened to them... without being flamed or ridiculed...

Archived