How do YOU kill the time until your next cruise?

Island Flower

My next cruise is a little under a year away and I so wish it had left the dock yesterday! :(

I find myself looking at anything Alaska, the X site and of course, our beloved CC site.

I also have read every review I can find on people staying in the cabin we have booked.

I have a serious case of cruisitis... I just can't seem think about anything else.

What measures do YOU take to ease that pain?

Inquiring minds (aka "I") want to know!

:rolleyes:

I do most everything you say that you do. I research the ports and spend lots of time on these boards and that always seems to do the trick.

Odd thing...the time passes much more quickly the older I get.:eek: :rolleyes: :p

Well thank God there's some benefit to that ubiquitous "As we grow older... " !!!

Thanks for that!

:D

My next cruise is a little under a year away and I so wish it had left the dock yesterday! :(

I find myself looking at anything Alaska, the X site and of course, our beloved CC site.

I also have read every review I can find on people staying in the cabin we have booked.

I have a serious case of cruisitis... I just can't seem think about anything else.

What measures do YOU take to ease that pain?

Inquiring minds (aka "I") want to know!

:rolleyes:

Oh and I also have the same "problem". They are like 260 days for my first cruise after 5 years, and I also seing many things about it, but one good thing to do is to think in a another thing.:p

For some people cruising is a horrible addiction with no rehab available.For those people with unlimited funds they continue to abuse this cruising addiction at will.They book multiple cruises every year without thinking about how much farther they are being brought under this powerfull spell of cruise addiction.For the rest of us...well you've probably already guessed that we spend our free time talking about cruising on this website.I think I'll buy a lottery ticket tomorrow

Well the problem is that the price is going to be very expensive.

YES... I liked that closer-together idea too... but my thoughts, exactly, on the $$$... plus, my DH can't take time off as easily as I can, and he would hate being left behind! :p

Take land trips in between! I'd go nuts if all I did was cruise..there's a whole big world out there to explore!!!

Oh, trust me... I take plane trips to land destinations aplenty (with relatives 6000 and 12000 miles away, it's inescapable) ... but it's just not the same escape, sadly! :(

Just something nice about being surrounded by all that water...

My favorite thing to to until the cruise (a year away:eek: ) is look at all the last minute deals and try to convince my family we need a short cruise to hold us over. They can't be convinced, but it helps pass time!:D

Although, it just builds up more anticipation!

Well...Gee...For ME, I'll fill the time by going to work a couple or three days, bringing my clothes to the dry cleaner, packing, getting a haircut and taking care of last minute details...

Of course, I leave next Tuesday...about a week away as I write this...

And, of course, then I'll have a tougher time filling the time until the cruise AFTER that...which isn't until June 2009...

I used to cut that time shorter by throwing in a cheap 3-nighter to Baja somewhere in the middle...but Royal Caribbean is abandoning that route...

With living in Vancouver close to the pier, there are just too many ships arriving for the Alaska season. I go down there on weekends and drool at the passengers boarding. It just isn't fair that I can't cruise with them. Anyways, I will be going on Aug 3 to Alaska on the Mercury, so I can't complain.

First, I yank the calendar off the wall and write the number of days in each square until my cruise (how many sleeps til the cruise as my DH puts it). Then I start downloading desktop pictures, wallpaper, screensavers of cruise ships. Preferably the one I'll be taking, but in a pinch anything will do. Then I start planning my diet to fit back into my formal wear. Then it's the horrendous amounts of shopping. New books to read, new shoes, new bathing suit, new Ugg Boots (it is Alaska for peets sake), new camera, new music for the iPod....

By the time my cruise gets here I'm in a frenzy that would rival any 8 year old on the eve of going to Disneyworld. I can't stop reading Cruise Critic, I check on my reservations (Cruise, Air, Hotel, Excursions) DAILY, there is at least one fashion show a day of some new outfit I'm bringing and I bore my husband to tears reporting on every new entry to our Roll Call.

In a nut shell, I go bonkers.

First, I yank the calendar off the wall and write the number of days in each square until my cruise (how many sleeps til the cruise as my DH puts it). Then I start downloading desktop pictures, wallpaper, screensavers of cruise ships. Preferably the one I'll be taking, but in a pinch anything will do. Then I start planning my diet to fit back into my formal wear. Then it's the horrendous amounts of shopping. New books to read, new shoes, new bathing suit, new Ugg Boots (it is Alaska for peets sake), new camera, new music for the iPod....

By the time my cruise gets here I'm in a frenzy that would rival any 8 year old on the eve of going to Disneyworld. I can't stop reading Cruise Critic, I check on my reservations (Cruise, Air, Hotel, Excursions) DAILY, there is at least one fashion show a day of some new outfit I'm bringing and I bore my husband to tears reporting on every new entry to our Roll Call.

In a nut shell, I go bonkers.

You GO girl!!!

And yes, I'm the first one on the Roll Call... no one else yet, but I'm ready and waiting for them!:p

You GO girl!!!

And yes, I'm the first one on the Roll Call... no one else yet, but I'm ready and waiting for them!:p

Oh I go.... and go.... and go. :D

I've got 9 days til I leave for my next cruise and I'm frothing at the mouth!

I spend WAY too much time on CC researching my trip! I also try to find books to read about places I will be going. For Alaska a couple of years ago I read a bunch of books in the Kate Shugak murder mystery series by Dana Stabinow. Learned a lot about native Alaskan and modern Alaskan ways that way.

Oh, trust me... I take plane trips to land destinations aplenty (with relatives 6000 and 12000 miles away, it's inescapable) ... but it's just not the same escape, sadly! :(

Just something nice about being surrounded by all that water...

But you live in paradise! ;) I'd travel to Hawaii 5 or more times a year if I could...and retire there for sure (I found my house...it's on the beach in Kailua (Oahu), and "only" $6 million!). Counting the days 'til we return!!!

Our cruise is a little under a year. We won't get excited until we get the first word on flights from the cruise line and/or the paperwork! We're not leaving until June next year. going to meet the ship over in Italy.

My next cruise is in Jan and the cruisitis is soo bad that there are too few cruise reviews on the Infinity and I'm now reading all the other Celebrity ship reviews. Come on Infinity cruisers - we need these reviews!

Also waiting for shore excursions to open and checking the Celebrity site everyday even though I'm mainly doing independant excursions!

Tell my DH every day what the countdown says so that he feels his life is being wished away.

Apart from that - nothing:D

Archived