Quest-28th. Feb 2009

bermic

Just had a letter from R.C.C.L. saying that they were changing the itinery on the North East Asia cruise by removing the visit to Fukuoka in Japan and giving us an extra night in Shanghai. I dont have a problem with this, but am curious to know the real reason for this change. Any thoughts?

Hi,

I don't know anything about the port in Japan which you are missing, but another night in Shanghai is a wonderful opportunity to see more of this fascinating city. Two years ago on Oceania, our time in Shanghai was cut short by five hours after we booked the cruise. We had one day and a morning to sightsee. We really were quite upset. When we sailed out of Shanghai. a terrible fog set in and the Chinese ordered the ship to stop moving. We did not make it out to open waters until 14 hours later causing us to lose a day in Kyoto, Japan which was really unfortunate.

Sheila

Bermic,

I too am on the 28th February sailing and found out through our Roll Call over a week ago but have not received any letter. This is the first time we have ever had an itinerary change after booking and I am very disappointed that we are missing out on one of our ports in Japan and that our time in Busan has been cut.

I too would like to know the reason for the change.

Why don't you join our Roll Call. Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=594214&page=5

Jennie

Archived