Hawaiian dicovery 12/09/09

streaka

Has anyone booked on this cruise it will be the first cruise for me on the Sun princess so looking forward to it. Its not my first cruise, Is there any thing I should know that is difference on the Sun Princess compared to the Pacific Sun and Pacic Dawn.

Has any one been on the Hawaiian Discovery before and could tell me some of the highlights that just can't be miss. Interested in hearing about different shore tours that people have been on.

thanking you

Janet

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Hi Janet,

Sun Princess is bigger, newer and will have a lot more N\C dining options including 24hr room service and buffet. Daily autotips are dearer and there is a surcharge on beverages.

I have not been on P&O but loved Sun Princess. Comments from experienced P&O cruisers onboard were that the dining and service was better on Sun Princess, and the on deck activities were much more active on P&O - with many other services being similar. Most of the year the P&O and Princess ships operate very different itineraries, and that should be one of the most important considerations when booking a cruise.

Deb has recently returned from Pacific Sun, and also cruised on Sun Princess earlier in the year and has a comparison on this post - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15306688&postcount=1

There are a handful of CCer's here who have cruised on both, so hopefully some extra info will be posted for you.

I am not aware of any Hawaiian cruises from Sydney in recent years. The Hawaii board in the ports section has plenty of advice, as it is a popular cruising destination for US cruisers.

Has anyone booked on this cruise it will be the first cruise for me on the Sun princess so looking forward to it. Its not my first cruise, Is there any thing I should know that is difference on the Sun Princess compared to the Pacific Sun and Pacic Dawn.

Has any one been on the Hawaiian Discovery before and could tell me some of the highlights that just can't be miss. Interested in hearing about different shore tours that people have been on.

Hello Janet.....I've been working on a Quad-share Balcony for this cruise for a few weeks. Sadly have missed out on the Balcony waiting for others to commit :rolleyes: . I booked a Triple on Monday and we are very excited :D .

This will be my first time on Sun Princess. I've cruised the Hawaiian Islands and most of the South Pacific - also gathering info from Tahitian Treasures/Samoan Surprises/75 day World Cruise Roll Calls re "musts" in each Port ;) . My neighbour is on Sun Princess "Pearls of Tahiti" 21/10/08.....will gather info from her on return.

Geoff is amazing!!! He can answer almost every query:p :p .

Think we should start a Roll Call for the 35 night Cruise. I've chatted to Lynn and ? who are doing a Fly/Cruise - 17 nights from Honolulu. Lynn started a Roll Call (29 September 2009)....I think it should be combined with the full cruise to benefit everyone :) .

B E V

Hello Janet.....I've been working on a Quad-share Balcony for this cruise for a few weeks. Sadly have missed out on the Balcony waiting for others to commit :rolleyes: . I booked a Triple on Monday and we are very excited :D .

This will be my first time on Sun Princess. I've cruised the Hawaiian Islands and most of the South Pacific - also gathering info from Tahitian Treasures/Samoan Surprises/75 day World Cruise Roll Calls re "musts" in each Port ;) . My neighbour is on Sun Princess "Pearls of Tahiti" 21/10/08.....will gather info from her on return.

Geoff is amazing!!! He can answer almost every query:p :p .

Think we should start a Roll Call for the 35 night Cruise. I've chatted to Lynn and ? who are doing a Fly/Cruise - 17 nights from Honolulu. Lynn started a Roll Call (29 September 2009)....I think it should be combined with the full cruise to benefit everyone :) .

B E V

good idea about the roll call

Archived