Gem 2008 Western Mediterranean Daily's,Port Guides,Kids Crew, etc. available as PDF's

Preds

For months I was looking for current Gem Daily's and whatnot for the Western Mediterranean sailings without success. Some posters said they'd scan and post them, but never followed through, well...

I just returned from the Gem's Western Mediterranean sailing this past Sunday (7/6/08), and I saved all the Daily's, Kids Crew Info, TV Programming, Port Guides, Cruise Rewards, Disembarkation, Future Cruise News, even info on the MediSpa pricing for Botox and Restylane.

And... this morning, I scanned everything into 100dpi color PDF's and made all of the above available for free download at the following site:

http://www.box.net/shared/mgc5rs1s0g

You can pick and choose what files you want/need. Each PDF ranges from ~100-300kb.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info. interesting about the TV info now. I am sorry to say that again, we must pay for movies. Yes, I realize they are recent movies out in circulation, but this is more profit for NCL. :(

Thanks for the info. interesting about the TV info now. I am sorry to say that again, we must pay for movies. Yes, I realize they are recent movies out in circulation, but this is more profit for NCL. :(

The TV Programming on the Gem for the Western Mediterranean sailing was beyond weak (no channel for Kids, no free movies aside from American Movie Classics, and very limited news/sports programming, half the time they came up as dead air). I think part of that was it being a Europe sailing. I think there'd be more channels on a North American sailing.

We generally just kept the TV off or had it tuned into the Navigation channel.

Thanks so much for going to the trouble of posting all these - it's great - just what I wanted!!

Did you see many men in tuxedos on the Tuesday night for the 'dress up or not night'?

We leave for this cruise in 3 days and I really want DH and DS to take their tuxedos, mainly so we can get a family portrait taken, but will they be the only ones in this dress?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks so much for going to the trouble of posting all these - it's great - just what I wanted!!

Did you see many men in tuxedos on the Tuesday night for the 'dress up or not night'?

We leave for this cruise in 3 days and I really want DH and DS to take their tuxedos, mainly so we can get a family portrait taken, but will they be the only ones in this dress?

Thanks in advance.

There were many that dressed up. We choose not to, but you won't feel out of place if you choose to.

BTW, the cruise was Fantastic. You're going to love it, the ports are great! You'll be exhausted by the end of the week though, as it's a very port intensive itinerary!

Thanks for that, you've put my mind at ease a bit.

My Husband would hate it if he was the only one in a tux! We had our photo's taken on the Pearl last year and although they turned out very good, I just feel they would have been better if we had dressed up just a little bit more!!

My son who is 11yrs has been looking through the 'Tween Club' programme you posted and has picked out all he wants to do!! - somehow I think we will be having a quite week without him!!!!

Thanks for that, you've put my mind at ease a bit.

My Husband would hate it if he was the only one in a tux! We had our photo's taken on the Pearl last year and although they turned out very good, I just feel they would have been better if we had dressed up just a little bit more!!

My son who is 11yrs has been looking through the 'Tween Club' programme you posted and has picked out all he wants to do!! - somehow I think we will be having a quite week without him!!!!

LOL, we saw our kids while in port, and late evenings. Other than that, they were off on their own. Our 12yo went to the Tweens club for most of the week and had a great time (the only times he chose not to was for the Second City shows which he loves, the family Pizza making which is a bit childish, and the Officer Snook, which again is more for the younger ones). Our 15yo went to the Teens club the 1st day, made friends, and hung with them throughout the rest of the week, sometimes with the Teens Club, sometimes on their own.

Can I just ask one more thing? I notice that you had a Meet & Greet for your sailing:

Which of the Ships Staff Attended?

Did NCL provide refreshments ie: coffee, juice etc?

Roughly how long did it last?

Did you enjoy it?

I am the organiser for our Meet & Greet, and just hoping that it will work out OK.

Thanks

Lyn.

Can I just ask one more thing? I notice that you had a Meet & Greet for your sailing:

Which of the Ships Staff Attended?

Did NCL provide refreshments ie: coffee, juice etc?

Roughly how long did it last?

Did you enjoy it?

I am the organiser for our Meet & Greet, and just hoping that it will work out OK.

Thanks

Lyn.

Like you, I organized the Meet & Greet.

We had a smaller showing than the prior M&G's I've organized with only about 15 in atendance of the 20 that said they'd be there. We had about 60-70 on the Spirit in February, and 30 or so on the Pride of Hawaii in 2007. 3-4 groups in our roll call never responded with intentions to attend or not attend.

Those that did attend were great people, and we had a great time with them throughout the week, doing Pompeii and Rome independently with a group of about 10 from the M&G.

The Captain couldn't make it, but the head Hotel Manager (Prem) did, and he gave a very nice speach about appreciating Cruise Critic members, reading our comments, and being there for us. He also provided eberyone's direct extensions for any problems we might have throughout the week.

Also in attendance was the Cruise Director - Ray Carr. I teased him for stalking us, as he's now been our Cruise Director for 3 of 5 NCL cruises (previously on the Spirit in February, and the Price of Hawaii in 2007). I think he starts vacation for your sailing, however, and returns to the Gem in late August.

Also present were Prem's #1 and 2 assistants, and if I recall correctly, the head Bar Manager, the head Food & Beverage Manager, ther head Resturaunt Manager, as well as the Gem's Onboard Group Coordinator.

NCL provided coffee, juices, cookies, etc. The officers were there for 15-20 minutes and willing to answer any questions we had. We even discussed the new F3 ships a bit. They were great to talk to.

All told many of us stayed for about an hour getting to know each other.

I'll also add that Prem was very generous in sending a note to my cabin after the Meet & Greet with a free dinner and bottle of wine for my family at any of the specialty restaurants. That was unexpected and not necessarily the norm, but was very appreciated!

Mike,

You've done a great job and many people will benefit from all the info you included. Thank you.

Loved reading about your Meet & Greet. Prem and his team are really top notch (sailed on Pearl and Gem with Prem). They take such an interest in CC.

Will you be posting a full review soon? Would love to hear about your adventure, the food, service, etc.:)

We loved the Gem and encourage anyone who's sailing on her to stop by at their Meet & Greet.

Mike' date='

You've done a great job and many people will benefit from all the info you included. Thank you.

Loved reading about your Meet & Greet. Prem and his team are really top notch (sailed on Pearl and Gem with Prem). They take such an interest in CC.

Will you be posting a full review soon? Would love to hear about your adventure, the food, service, etc.:)

We loved the Gem and encourage anyone who's sailing on her to stop by at their Meet & Greet.[/quote']

Thanks Barb!

Yes I intend to write a complete review. I wanted to get the PDFs out there first since I know many, including myself have been looking for them.

I'll hopefully get a review written by this weekend. We had a great cruise.

I do agree with you about Prem, he really was top notch and well spoken.

Thank you so much for taking the time to download and set up these files. They are very helpful.

We sailed the Gem this past spring and were debating about a European cruise on her this fall. This will help us make up our minds.

We were on the Gem for this cruise. It was our second time on her as we were on the 1/08-2/08 as well. Our only complaint was that due to the fact that all our tours left the ship about 7am we were to tired to enjoy most of the evening entertainment. Some people did not book tours, but, got off the ship and took public transportation and saw quite a bit that way. The crew and officers were terrific, we have booked Jan. 25-Feb 4, 2009 from NYC. They were so good to us, for our anniversary they baked us a sugar free cake that was lovely. NCL's motto seems to be "ask and you will receive",:)

Mike--

You are my HERO!!!!! ;)

Thanks so much for remembering that many of us were looking for the Dailes and Menu info. And, just in the nick of time. I our cruise is 10 days away...

Thanks so much!!

CeleBrat

Mike,

Thanks for the daily's. I learned something valuable right off the bat!

The cabin numbers tell you exactly where you are on the ship.

The 1st number tells you your deck number.

The 2nd number tells you the side of the vessel you are on:

0 or 1 you are on Starboard. 5 or 6 you are on port.

The 3rd and 4th number is the position of your stateroom. 01 is all the way forward. As the number increases the further back you are towards aft.

So, our cabin will be 8538. Deck 8, port, forward!

I love this board!

Thanks Mike, for the info on your Meet and Greet. I'm organizing one and really enjoyed reading your post. Besides contacting the ship's coordinator and setting the date/time/location, is there anything else I need to do or request? ie: the Captain, officers and staff - does the ship's coordinator notify them automatically and they come if they can or do I actually need to request it? Are all Meet and Greets pretty much the same? So there's no need to request anything or worry that I might be overlooking something? Not quite sure what my responsibilities are........

onthegogal

I have organised a Meet and Greet for our sailing ex Barcelona on 24th August.

After receiving a date and time and place from Sanda, the Group and Events Co-ordinator, I emailed her to ask if any of the crew could join us - she replied that some would stop by.

I also asked for refreshments too!! - Don't ask don't get !!

Good luck with your Meet and Greet

K

Archived