Disembarcation In Rome

dmk

The Solstice ends its TA in Rome. It arrives at 4:30 a.m. At what time have people disembarked when a ship arrives at its final destination at such an ungodly hour?

Our Princess cruise gets in at 4:30 too, I've read where people are getting off around 7 - 8 so it might be a little bit earlier than what we're used to, but I certainly haven't read anywhere that they make you get off at that time.

we were off the Galaxy at 7. we could have stayed on longer but were being picked up at 8. Be aware that once you get off there is no where to sit and wait. You can only stand out in the parking lot. No shade, no water, just you, the busses and the taxis. So my advice: don't disembark until you are ready to leave the area.

We got off the Galaxy at 8:30 as we had a van and driver waiting for us. The people we were sharing the ride with were given a disembarkation time of 7:15 so just stayed on board until it they were ready to leave.

Susan

We got off the Galaxy at 8:30 as we had a van and driver waiting for us. The people we were sharing the ride with were given a disembarkation time of 7:15 so just stayed on board until it they were ready to leave.

Susan

Susan,

This is exactly why I am asking the question. We will have car to pick us up and take us to our hotel in Rome. I'm not sure what time to ask him to come and pick us up.

Our experience, last October, was that we disembarked at 6:30 a.m. and bus left at 7 a.m. We arrived at the airport just after 8:30 a.m. Our flight to Toronto was at 12:30 p.m. Everything went smoothly. I must say that it was a little odd driving away in the dark and viewing the sunrise from the bus.

I think they like to get you off swiftly because they have folks arriving for 1 p.m. embarkation.

Susan,

This is exactly why I am asking the question. We will have car to pick us up and take us to our hotel in Rome. I'm not sure what time to ask him to come and pick us up.

Since you are not flying home that day, I'd aim for the latest possible departure from the ship. That's what we did. The last scheduled disembarkation time on our Galaxy Med cruise was around 9:15. Maybe you could ask once on board what is the latest you can disembark, and then contact your driver once you know. In any case, just because the ship docks very early doesn't mean you have to get off very early.

Susan,

We asked our driver what time he thought would be god and he suggested 8:30, or 9am at the latest. Try asking the company you are getting a ride from, what time they suggest.

Susan

We asked our driver what time he thought would be god and he suggested 8:30, or 9am at the latest. Try asking the company you are getting a ride from, what time they suggest.

Susan

Good idea, Susan.

They have more experience at picking up pax from the port, for ships that arrive early.

HI,

We are also looking to stay in Rome. Maybe we can carpool to teh city. I priced the shuttles at 100 euros a person.

Michelle

Check out your roll call. On ours, several people have already arranged to pool it, and are saving quite a bit over the Celebrity offerings or other ways. The train runs regular trips to Rome Termini. Its quite inexpensive. The station is about 2 blocks from the port, but you have to schlep your own baggage.

Paul

Archived