Non Sailing Guests onboard??

Mama2Lexi

Hi everyone! I've heard it thru the grapevine that we can invite non sailing guests onboard to watch us get married on the day of sailing..Royal Romance is closed right now so I cant call and I am ANXIOUS to know the answer to this!!! There are some very important people who cant go on the cruise but still need to be at our wedding, so this would be so PERFECT!! Has anyone here done this? How did it work? What do they need to get on the ship? How long can they be on the ship?

PLEASE email me at Mama2Lexi@aol.com (and post it here too of course!lol) and let me know!! WOOOHOO!!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!:)

There are some other threads here on these message boards regarding embarkation ceremonies where nonsailing guests attended. Here is one you may wish to read through that was on a RCCL ship and specifies the time nonsailing guests had to depart the ship that day. NavigatorBride has also had some terrific wedding pictures to share (she married on a Royal Caribbean ship).

Because the CC database was just updated this Spring, we lost lots of previous info from past years... but if memory serves me correctly, yes you can have nonsailing guests attend your wedding with RCCL at the embarkation port but the will need to be "registered" ahead of time (partially due to all the 9/11 passenger manifest and security requirements). We had also researched that just in case we were to marry at the embarkation port, but we ultimately chose St John (a port of call) but had researched various cruiselines.

When you find a CC poster who has wedding details similar to what you are looking for or want to read more about, left-click on their username and select "Find All Posts". That will also give you quick information as to other posts they have made that may answer more questions for you.

Also, as far as which cruiselines are owned by the same company, this might help (websites also provided):

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. operates the Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises brands. NY Stock Exchange symbol is RCL.

Carnival Corp. operates several cruiselines: Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Cunard, Costa, etc. NY Stock Exchange symbol is CCL.

I was married aboard the Infinity of Celebrity Cruises in August. And I could have up to 98 guests in attendance. However to have more then the 8 guests you had to have either a cocktail or sit-down luncheon type reception, which they charge extra for. However after some research into weddings on land their prices seemed reasonable and so we had 60 guests (23 sailing and 35 non-sailing) come aboard for the wedding. Every guest had to provide full name, Date of birth and either a passport or driver's licnese number. And we all had to go through security prior to embarking and the sailing guests had to go through ship checkin as well prior to boarding for the wedding. Only one room was ready at that time. (My room so that I could get dressed) It was a beautiful ceremony in the Consetallation Lounge, with a sit-down luncheon following in the main dining room. Wonderful day. And our pictures from the ship are just amazing.

Please post if you have any additional questions.

For Royal Car.. you cn have up to 75 non sailing guest in attendance names must be submitted 30 days prior. I will be marrying May 13th on Grandeur of the seas with 75 non sailing in atendance if over 25 you must pay 150 for a secound courdnator but well worth it

Archived