Worred about safety in Belize

flowersx2

We are booked on cave-tubing.com tomorrow but some of our group is worried that it isn't safe becasue it isn't through Carnival?

Do we go down the same river as the carnival tour?

We didn't go through Carnival because our kids aren't 12 and we didn't want to do the 7 hour tour with the ATV.

Please share your experiences :)

I just did the same thing with the same company in May. It is safe.

Yes, you do the same river as Carnival, but you get to do two caves instead of one. And Yhony or his associates will pull you through. You'll see the Carnival people floundering.

Yes, we got back to the ship on time.

I don't recall the tender situation, whether we had a number or not. I guess we must have. At any rate, we had no problems getting off the ship. Yhony will be there to meet you.

When you first get off the tender, go straight throught the shopping area/building to the street. That's where you'll meet your guide. You might see a bunch of people clogging the entryway in the shopping area.....just go around them. They're all on Carnival excursions.

Have fun!!

All will be just fine. Go down early for an early tender. OUrs were at the shopping desk, but I am sure they instructed you where to pick them up. We had no issues getting off. They were ready for us, but we decided to first eat breakfast and then head down to deck 0. WE didn't use Yhonny, but Major Tom. We never felt unsafe at all! Have a wonderful time.

We used Major Tom as well and felt perfectly safe. The Carnival excursion was at the river at the same time; in fact, the Carnival photographer must have thought that we were with them, because he took our picture as we crossed the stream at the beginning of the tour.

Have you posted and/or read about the excursion(s) on the Belize board?

I don't know about the "dot com" group, but the "dot net" (Major Tom) guys were fantastic. I did not feel any less safe in Belize than anywhere else. In fact, I felt more secure there than I do in downtown Durham.

You will be fine.

Hubby and oldest son just did this tour in May with Yhony and they had a blast. NEVER felt unsafe ...ever!!!

They left at 9:15am and were back at 2:30 (I think the ship left at 4PM)

I have been reading the Belize boards for years and Yhony has a fabulous reputation.

You will have a great time....so relax and enjoy!!

You are going to have so much fun cave tubing! My hubby and I did it last year and it was by far one of the most memorable things we have ever done! I almost drowned (it was my fault because instead of pushing us away from the current, I pulled us into it!) but it was such a blast! We saw bats and exotic birds! We felt safe the whole time there, even when we left all of our belongings that we didn't want to get wet in their lockers! I am not sure if you get the same meal at the end of the tubing but if you do, it is to die for!!! They have this great rice made with coconut milk, with some great homecooked chicken! Don't get me wrong, the cruise food is great, but something about a nice homecooked meal that makes you feel so satisfied! The hubby and I still talk about how great that rice was!

You should ask them what they think would make a carnival booked tubing trip safer? LOL

It is just another local vendor who is just associated with carnival.

;)

They are not carnival employees.

If they realized that they might not be so apprehensive.

:D

We were just talking about this excursion at lunch yesterday. It was one of the best I have been on and have convinced a co-worker to take it when she is in Belize in the spring. Wish I were the one doing it this week instead of the OP.:o

Archived