midnight chocolate buffet?

BLBB

My family and I are planning a cruise on Enchantment of the Seas 7/21/08. This will be our second cruise. I have heard a lot about a MIDNIGHT CHOCOLATE BUFFET but our 3 day cruise a few years ago did not offer it. Does anyone know if it is still offered on longer cruises? Please say yes and if so, can you tell us about it? THANKS!:p

My family and I are planning a cruise on Enchantment of the Seas 7/21/08. This will be our second cruise. I have heard a lot about a MIDNIGHT CHOCOLATE BUFFET but our 3 day cruise a few years ago did not offer it. Does anyone know if it is still offered on longer cruises? Please say yes and if so, can you tell us about it? THANKS!:p

Yes, they still have it :) I went on the Enchantment last Dec and it was a HUGE buffet!! Even Choc martinis! Anything you can imagine chocolate was available...but the stuff goes fast so get in line to get what you want. ;)

Hello. I was on the Monarch of the Seas last month, and there was a chocolate buffet. This was a 4 night cruise and this night was the greatest! I normally do not like sweets, but when it comes to chocolate, I can't help myself! I got so much cake and fruit all covered in chocolate. Oh, and the chocolate mousse is well worth the wait. They have Ice Sculptures and Chocolate Art which looked amazing. The only bad thing was my friend claimed that her strawberry was moldy, and told us not to eat ours. But seriously, how can you waste a Chocolate Covered Strawberry?!

There was an earlier thread that said that RCI had recently done away with the chocolate buffet and the lobster in the dining room. My mother was on the Serendade recently and it was no longer offered on this ship. I think this was a fairly recent change.

There was an earlier thread that said that RCI had recently done away with the chocolate buffet and the lobster in the dining room. My mother was on the Serendade recently and it was no longer offered on this ship. I think this was a fairly recent change.

The Voyager of the Seas did away with the chocolate buffet but not the lobster.

Anyone recently back from Adventure? We are leaving soon and are cruising with some first timers, would love for them to see this!! :p And of course try some. :rolleyes: Thanks.

We havent seen a chocolate buffet on Explorer recently. (07/07, 12/07 & last week 6/28/08) There is a poolside midnight buffet with desserts, including 'some' chocolatey desserts.

To the poster asking about the Gala buffet, we were the last one on Explorer's 2007 Holiday cruise.

There has been tons of threads on the topic lol. Actually they havent 'done away' with lobster. It is now called Fishermans plate and there is a lobster tail on it. Lobster is also on the Portofino menu as Seafood Skewer, but lobster night persae will never be what it used to be years ago.

I know for a fact that there is no midnight chocolate buffet on the Mariner anymore. According to Merrick one of the head watiers, they would start preparing for it on day one, and when the time came people would come look at it, but nobody would eat any and they had to waste most of it.

However, lobster is still around and as good as ever.

Chocolate..... midnight...... cruise...... oh my goodness..... does it get any better???? :D

LOL ;)

We were on Enchantment last month. There is not a "chocolate buffet" but there is a poolside midnight buffet with lots of good stuff to eat and there are a lot of chocolate items.

Too bad, we had a HUGE choc buffet last Dec on the Enchantment, it was in the dining room.

We also had LOBSTER!! It was on the Fisherman's platter on the last night of our 5 night cruise.

I'm beginning to think those things aren't as static as people think. Last October, Enchantment had the Chocolate Buffet when we were onboard.

As of Jan 08 they (RCCL) did away with the buffet in order to "encourage" better eating habits, and promote healthy diets. :eek:

If I wanted to diet, I wouldn't be on a cruise ship......:p.

Archived