Prohibited from using US Travel Agents.

carruthers

On a recent cruise we were amazed at the cheaper fares available to US and Canadian citizens compared to those charged in Australia. (Corrected for exchange rates). We are anticipating taking a 46 day cruise on the Sun Princess in May 2009 and found that the US fare is $2760 Australian Dollars less than that quoted in Australia for the same cabin. I contacted a US Travel Agent who replied that a total of eight cruise lines now prohibit US TA's from selling cruises to citizens of countries other than those of Canada or the US unless they have an address in the US or Canada.

The Travel Agent stated that they were very disappointed at the restrictions placed on them. So am I

i would be upset also,in fact I would find myself a friend in the states!!!Now a days since you can print out docs yourself whats the big deal!!!

The problem I see with your idea is address and where your passport is issued. Be a dead give-away that you didn't live here when you registered.

Hi Carruthers, if you look at page 2, under "yesterday 10.27am by windsor26", on the thread "Why do Australians have to pay more " you will find many other comments on this subject.

There are some interesting suggestions!

Regards

The problem I see with your idea is address and where your passport is issued. Be a dead give-away that you didn't live here when you registered.

I do not see a problem here. You have a legal resident living in the US but with a passport issued (still valid) at their home country prior to moving to the US.

Why don't you try another country? Have you tried booking via a UK or European operator? I can't see there would be any restrictions on booking provided you can give some sort of contact address in the UK. I can't think it would be any different to an Australian who lives here wanting to book a cruise?

Why don't you try another country? Have you tried booking via a UK or European operator? I can't see there would be any restrictions on booking provided you can give some sort of contact address in the UK. I can't think it would be any different to an Australian who lives here wanting to book a cruise?

But we pay much more in the UK than US or Canada and have to wait for cruises to be released to the UK (after US and Canada have pick of the cabins:( )

Archived