Riviera or Spa deck

Chris41

My DW and I are cruising on the Freedom in Aug. Our PVP has upgraded us from the Riviera deck to the Spa deck...My question is ...Was this a change for the better and what will the ride be like on the 11th deck?

All replies will be greatly appreciated. Hope to see you all out cruising and have a great day.

My DW and I are cruising on the Freedom in Aug. Our PVP has upgraded us from the Riviera deck to the Spa deck...My question is ...Was this a change for the better and what will the ride be like on the 11th deck?

All replies will be greatly appreciated. Hope to see you all out cruising and have a great day.

I am guessing you mean Carnival Freedom since Royal Caribbean has a Freedom too.

I am also guessing that you went from an inside cabin on the riveria deck--which is the cheapest deck-- to an upgrade to a higher deck.

The higher you go the more you pay--so if the TA gve you this upgrade for free he did good with your upgrades.

Spa deck is smoke free- you cant smoke up there at all- so if someone in your party is a smoker you want to downgrade to the empress deck.

Cruising in August-- if you hit rough waters you will feel the motionno matter what deck you are on..

Most all cabins in the same category look exactly the same.

Thank you for the info. Yes we will be on the Carnival Freedom again this year. We were in a oceanview on the Riviera and the only change was a higher deck into a oceanview for a family. We both smoke but I guess we can walk outside and down a couple decks to light up. I have never seen a family stateroom but was told it was bigger with floor to cieling windows. Well thanks again

I was offered an upgrade on Glory from Main to Lido (still an inside cabin) and I declined.

Although I think my Ginger + Bonine has solved my motion sickness issues, I still did not want to be that high up and that far forward.

I have to disagree with Serene. When I was on Deck 7 on Miracle, I felt MUCH more motion, being that high and slightly forward. There was noticeable side-to-side motion, that I described as a ticking feeling. It wasn't a smooth, rolling side-to-side at all.

On Glory, midship on Main, we felt nothing. Our tablemates were talking about how much rocking there was one night (they were on Panorama) and we hadn't felt a thing.

If you have no problems with motion sickness, then the upgrade is "good" if you actually want to be up there. I just prefer being lower down. In fact, being down in "the bowels" and always taking the stairs gives me more exercise to burn off all those calories I consume!

Thank you for the info. Yes we will be on the Carnival Freedom again this year. We were in a oceanview on the Riviera and the only change was a higher deck into a oceanview for a family. We both smoke but I guess we can walk outside and down a couple decks to light up. I have never seen a family stateroom but was told it was bigger with floor to cieling windows. Well thanks again

I guess the Glory did not convert these to Balcony cabins then--(Maybe before you cruise they will.

These rooms sleep 4 people and feature floor to ceiling windows. The cabin itself is 220 sq feet-- bigger then a reg oceanview cabin

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great upgrade! We were on the riviera deck on Carnival Freedom in April and we felt some vibrations down there and we were midship. It was nothing huge that woke us up at night but when awake we did notice it. We were upgraded to the Spa deck on Glory a couple years ago and it was a wonderful room! Nice quiet deck with a nice size room and the floor to ceiling windows. We felt some motion but nothing real bad. As far as smoking goes, you are very close to a door that opens to the deck outside and a few stairs down outside to the pool. It is a great location!

Archived