Ice bar question

Can anyone tell me how popular this excursion is with RCCL in Helsinki? Should we wait to book on the ship or pre-book on-line? We are leaving in 3 weeks. Ha anyone done this excrusion and how interesting (or fun) is it? thanks, Julie

Can anyone tell me how popular this excursion is with RCCL in Helsinki? Should we wait to book on the ship or pre-book on-line? We are leaving in 3 weeks. Ha anyone done this excrusion and how interesting (or fun) is it? thanks, Julie

We simply walked into the Arctic IceBar when we were in Helsinki last month. We arrived at 4:00 PM with no reservation & were the only ones in the place. I'd say it was an OK experience but certainly not a "highlight" for us. I'm not sure how popular a ship excursion would be as we did it independently. There's a little more info in the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=804829

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, if possible to do the ice bar in CPH. We had it all to ourselves and booked it online before leaving. We paid using our credit card on arrival. It was a fun thing to do. Not huge, but fun. Their souvenirs are ridiculously expensive though. Our pics will be our souvenirs.

We went to the Absolut Ice Bar in Sydney and we were surprised that we the only ones in at that time. I thought it was such a unique experience that I have already booked the one in Stockholm for the night before our cruise. The price is about $30 USD and that included one drink and a picture. The entire room was made up of beautiful ice sculptures and that even included the couches you sit on. I would definetely recommend this unusual experience.

Archived