San Pedro, Crowne Plaza, Trader Joe's, Wine and Flowers

Teetype

Since I am the one who first brought it up, I have already been advised that this is the world's worst hotel on the world's greatest liner. Since we are only spending one night on her, which will be spent seeing the ship, I am willing to take my chances.

Hadn't seen your post, I was responding to Jsme's post. I have toured the ship; it is interesting and of steeped in history. I am not sure that she is the "world's greatest liner" anymore but probably the most famous....next to the Titanic.;)

No other car rental agencies anyplace in San Pedro except for the Enterprise desk at the Crown Plaza.

I checked the Budget site and it appears there is a Budget rental site approx one mile from the Crowne Plaza

Off The Vine.....do you sell wine in tetra paks? I know this may seem like heresy to some, but the wine world is starting to embrace the concept, and I like to smuggle it aboard in this fashion

No sorry we don't. But, you'll find a better selection of fine wine from around the world than you will at any other place in town.

We used Priceline to get the Crowne for 70 bucks back in April.

It was a great hotel. Very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. I asked for a room with a view of the port and the desk clerk happily obliged. The Enterprise facility is right beside the hotel and they were super friendly too. Both the hotel and the car rental place offered shuttles to the pier.

We had an In and Out Burger for supper the night before the cruise. It was near the CP but you couldnt walk there.

There was also a Ralph's Supermarket close and we shopped there the night before and stocked up on soda and snacks for the cruise. Very inexpensive. Cokes were about 2 bucks a 12 pack. That compares to at least 25 bucks for the same amount on the ship.

I really envy all of you with upcoming trips to San Pedro. We found it great!

No sorry we don't. But, you'll find a better selection of fine wine from around the world than you will at any other place in town.

Hi There!

Sorry I missed your initial post! This looks good, and closer than ole TJ's. Do you carry wines from Romania and South Africa by any chance? When I was in Sweden, I had a couple of reds from those regions and was surprised (being a native northern Californian) at how good they were.

We'll drop by Oct 24, see ya then!

Tee

Hi There!

Sorry I missed your initial post! This looks good, and closer than ole TJ's. Do you carry wines from Romania and South Africa by any chance? When I was in Sweden, I had a couple of reds from those regions and was surprised (being a native northern Californian) at how good they were.

We'll drop by Oct 24, see ya then!

Tee

Nothing from those two regions but we have a selection of wines from Croatia. Our focus is on the Central Coast of California (Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz). Good selection of Spanish and Rhone wines as well. Look forward to seeing you when you are in town!!

Nothing from those two regions but we have a selection of wines from Croatia. Our focus is on the Central Coast of California (Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz). Good selection of Spanish and Rhone wines as well. Look forward to seeing you when you are in town!!

Yes, after I wrote that note I noticed your specialty area was central valley. We went wine tasting in Paso Robles many moons ago, can't remember the winery (shamefaced here).

Looking forward to stopping in on Friday. You do tastings then, too? That'll make it pretty easy, we'll just buy whatever tastes great!

Thanks!

Tee

Yes, after I wrote that note I noticed your specialty area was central valley. We went wine tasting in Paso Robles many moons ago, can't remember the winery (shamefaced here).

Looking forward to stopping in on Friday. You do tastings then, too? That'll make it pretty easy, we'll just buy whatever tastes great!

Thanks!

Tee

Fridays from 4p-9p

Tastings are updated on our website: http://www.*****

Hi all

Hope I got the "right" Crowne Plaza (through Priceline).....601 South Palos Verde St, San Pedro??? Is this the one you are talking about.

That's da one. :)

Tee

I thought we are unable to bring wine onboard. How do you "smuggle" it on?

Well, that all depends on the cruise line you are sailing. HAL allows passengers to carry on their own wine, but NOT beer or hard stuff.

Royal Caribbean does not allow ANY alcohol to be carried on board by passengers. Most people who smuggle wrap the bottle in bubble wrap and pack it in a piece of checked luggage and hope for the best.

I think Princess lets you bring on a couple of bottles of wine/champaign for "special occasions".

We used Priceline to get the Crowne for 70 bucks back in April.

It was a great hotel. Very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. I asked for a room with a view of the port and the desk clerk happily obliged. The Enterprise facility is right beside the hotel and they were super friendly too. Both the hotel and the car rental place offered shuttles to the pier.

We had an In and Out Burger for supper the night before the cruise. It was near the CP but you couldnt walk there.

There was also a Ralph's Supermarket close and we shopped there the night before and stocked up on soda and snacks for the cruise. Very inexpensive. Cokes were about 2 bucks a 12 pack. That compares to at least 25 bucks for the same amount on the ship.

I really envy all of you with upcoming trips to San Pedro. We found it great!

Hey Tony,

Glad you had a nice time in San Pedro. I'm a long time local here and thought I would mention there are many very nice restraunts downtown San Pedro on 6th , 7th and 9th streets. San Pedro Brewing Co. has great burgers/ food/ beer. The copper room on 9th has the best tapas in Southern cal

And Off the vine has the best selection of import and central coast wines in the South Bay area.( all are within walking distance)

The trip up to Ralphs is approx 4.5 miles all up hill ... we do have a Markets down town as well. Vons and CVS and a Big 5 sporting goods store.

Have a great day and hope you come back soon!:D

Archived