How Cold will it be on the Water?

I'm on the Crown Princess in late August/early September sailing the Baltic Sea. How cold does it get in the evenings? Will a light jacket keep me warm or will I need something more substantial? I understand land temperatures are about 65 degrees F but not sure what the evenings on deck will be.

Would anyone have some advice?

Thanks!

There are a huge number of threads on this board about the weather in Baltic area. There is one just a little further down here with the headline Baltic Rainy Days, with a post from someone who was here in September.

All threads will tell you that the weather in the Baltic area is unpredictable. You can not expect the temperature to be about 65; it can be anything from warm and sunny to cold, windy and raining. A light jacket that can take some wind and light rain is good. But you will also need something warm to wear under your jacket. Bring clothes that can be worn in layers is the standard recommendation on this board.

With some luck you will have nice and sunny weather; early September is often a perfect time for visiting the area. The most crowded tourist season is over, and so is the risk of having really hot weather that makes city sightseeing uncomfortable.

Archived