Zip Lines---Any updates?

drfun48

i called the guy that runs this directly to get some info.

There are 10 zips and you start out from a ground platform..no tree climbing and at the end a rapelle. Its 1 1/2 hours.

Price was $135 including transportation from a hotel (not sure if you can book this from a cruise stop without booking through the cruise itself).

I havent decided if im going to do it..i think its a bit costly. Hopefully someone has actually done it can report back

*sweet*

i called the guy that runs this directly to get some info.

There are 10 zips and you start out from a ground platform..no tree climbing and at the end a rapelle. Its 1 1/2 hours.

Price was $135 including transportation from a hotel (not sure if you can book this from a cruise stop without booking through the cruise itself).

I havent decided if im going to do it..i think its a bit costly. Hopefully someone has actually done it can report back

*sweet*

10 zips.... I don't think they have finished the upgrade....

They said when they finished it,there would be a "visitors center" thing at the end. But when we did it, you ended down a hill and you had to climb some steps up. We did a rappel, but it was not at the end.....

There were no real bathrooms ( that was supposed to be done with the visitors center).

I also hope someone who has done it in the last few months will answer. I plan on going in November again. At that time, I will report back.

We did the zipline excursion on June 29. They did not have a visitor center - just porta potties and a canopy with all the equipment.

You walk up a hill through the rainforest to get to the 1st platform.

My husband and I loved everything about this excursion. The ziplines were so much fun - gliding through, above, and under the beautiful forest. The young people who locked you onto each zipline were so nice and concientious - you feel very safe. There was always one person to lock you on and one at the other end to tell you to brake or catch you if you don't!

With all the ziplines, you really get your money's worth! We would love to do it again sometime! I'd be glad to answer any other questions.

We did the zipline excursion on June 29. They did not have a visitor center - just porta potties and a canopy with all the equipment.

Thanks for that info- That means they haven't completed the upgrade.

Even so, it still was a lot of fun!

My husband and I loved everything about this excursion. The ziplines were so much fun - gliding through, above, and under the beautiful forest. The young people who locked you onto each zipline were so nice and concientious - you feel very safe. There was always one person to lock you on and one at the other end to tell you to brake or catch you if you don't!

With all the ziplines, you really get your money's worth! We would love to do it again sometime! I'd be glad to answer any other questions.

Can you tell me about the breaking. Is it a strength or finesse maneuver?At the end ,are you exhausted or ready to do it again?

It's not at all tiring. We would have done it all again right then if they had let us.

When you glide down the zipline, you have one hand above you hovering over the zipline. If the guy on the next platform signals you to brake, you simply put your hand on the line and squeeze a little - this slows you down. You do not want to brake unless the guy signals you because if you stop halfway down the zipline, you have to pull yourself along to the platform. I think I only had to brake a couple of times. It's really not hard at all. I was nervous at first, but once I went down the first one, I realized how easy and fun it was!

Archived