Dinner Time on the Amadeus Amadante

TravelingProf

Hi everyone,

Just two weeks to go before we leave for our "Magnificent Europe " cruise on the Amadante! We got our vouchers and we thought we would have more overnight/late night dockings on the cruise. Does anyone know the usual dinner times on this itinerary (or similar ones)? Is there time to have dinner aboard and still browse the areas when the boat departs at 10:00 PM?

Thanks,

AM

I just got back from an Amadeus river cruise and dinner was between 6 and 7:00. There was time to go back out to the town. There was entertainment after almost ever dinner, but of course you don't have to go to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Traveling Prof,

You're not the only one who's disappointed by not having more time in the towns. We'll board the Amadante in Budapest as you disembark.

We're ones who like to have time to poke around on our own. After looking at our itinerary when the final documents arrived, I realized that this most likely isn't the cruise for us. We, too, had thought that there would be more than one evening in a town. But it's the days with three morning hours in one place, lunch on the boat for two hours, then three or four afternoon hours in another town before having to be back onboard is what seems like be herded around. LOL

I suspect we read too many itineraries from too many riverboat companies and got mixed up before making a decision. Will do better next time, but we wish you a vacation.

Charlotte

Hi Trash Queen,

We will make the best of it and I will reserve any judgments until the cruise. Although I thought we would have more time in towns, there are enough full days and late nights/overnights to satisfy us (I think/hope!) --especially in the major cities Amsterdam, Vienna, Budapest. In addition, perhaps we might enjoy the afternoons on the river; from all accounts on CC and elsewhere, the scenery is spectacular. We are also really looking forward to using the bikes--one of the reasons we chose AMA.

I'm sorry I won't get to meet you, but I wish you a pleasant journey and a terrific vacation.

Back to packing--we leave Friday for Amsterdam!! :D

Ann Marie

AKA TravelingProf

Archived