Seattle restaurants - no seafood

amapola

I've looked around the boards but most of the restaurants recommended are heavily into seafood, and we don't eat any shellfish or mollusks. Salmon is ok, as is ahi tuna, but no other fish.

So, with that in mind :), what are your ideas or recommendations? We're arriving late afternoon on a Friday, and will stay at the Hampton in lower Queen Anne. We love Indian, Thai, Middle Eastern, Greek, modern American... French, Italian or Mexican are ok but not faves... don't care much for Chinese. Not big on steakhouses either, as we rarely eat beef. Hope this is not an impossible request :D :rolleyes: . TIA!

I've looked around the boards but most of the restaurants recommended are heavily into seafood, and we don't eat any shellfish or mollusks. Salmon is ok, as is ahi tuna, but no other fish.

So, with that in mind :), what are your ideas or recommendations? We're arriving late afternoon on a Friday, and will stay at the Hampton in lower Queen Anne. We love Indian, Thai, Middle Eastern, Greek, modern American... French, Italian or Mexican are ok but not faves... don't care much for Chinese. Not big on steakhouses either, as we rarely eat beef. Hope this is not an impossible request :D :rolleyes: . TIA!

I will be condemned by a number of family members and friends for giving secrets away, but you'll be staying a block from one of the most enjoyable restaurants in Seattle, Panos Kleftiko Taverna - http://tciworld.com/kleftiko/

The place is tiny so get there before the music starts, get a bottle or 3 of the good Greek wine, some olives... more wine... oh man time for dinner.

If you eat meat & dairy together (just guessing here) the lamb and cheese casserole stuffed into a loaf of bread is to perish for. If not, there are plenty of other delicious things to be had.

I will be condemned by a number of family members and friends for giving secrets away, but you'll be staying a block from one of the most enjoyable restaurants in Seattle, Panos Kleftiko Taverna - http://tciworld.com/kleftiko/

If you eat meat & dairy together (just guessing here) the lamb and cheese casserole stuffed into a loaf of bread is to perish for. If not, there are plenty of other delicious things to be had.

Oh, we are so there. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me... won't tell a soul :) Sounds perfect for the first day since we won't want to dress up after flying all day from PR to Seattle! I know my DH will go for that casserole. I hardly ever eat meat, but Greek places are great for that.

Are you looking for a high end restaurant? If yes, then I'd recommend Canlis. I must admit a personal bias. My brother is the pastry chef there.

I almost fainted reading the menu! Everything (except for the seafood LOL) sounds delicious and so very creative. Maybe for our next trip... I save all these hints in files for each place :)

I would recommend Lola's for Greek, downtown on 4th and Virginia and Wild Ginger for pan-asian, also downtown

We've been to Wild Ginger twice and loved it. Glad to hear it's still recommended, because DH was asking if we could go back :p .

Thank you all for your ideas! Any others want to chime in?

Oh, we are so there. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me... won't tell a soul :) Sounds perfect for the first day since we won't want to dress up after flying all day from PR to Seattle! I know my DH will go for that casserole. I hardly ever eat meat, but Greek places are great for that.

I almost fainted reading the menu! Everything (except for the seafood LOL) sounds delicious and so very creative. Maybe for our next trip... I save all these hints in files for each place :)

We've been to Wild Ginger twice and loved it. Glad to hear it's still recommended, because DH was asking if we could go back :p .

Thank you all for your ideas! Any others want to chime in?

Vege/Vegan:

http://www.carmelita.net/

Indian:

http://www.tandoor-india.com/

Both of these are away from downtown, but not horribly far. Easily bus accessible.

And other cc'ers too! :D HEY! Actually, this place was my first thought when I read your question.

There are a LOT of fun places around the Lower Queen Anne area ... all sorts of ethnicity's, plus just good basic food. I personally would just walk around and stop at whatever grabbed me. That said, two more choices for you to check out are Floyd's for BBQ and T.S. McHugh's for English/Irish fare.

Are you looking for a high end restaurant? If yes, then I'd recommend Canlis. I must admit a personal bias. My brother is the pastry chef there.

Canlis has been a favorite in my extended family for many, many years when looking for a special dinner. The food, wine list, service, and view are all great. In addition, the atmosphere is very comfortable and not the least bit pretentious.

Archived