'Tahitian Princess questions'

gemini_0923

Do you have to sign up for he spa the last day or book a Princess exclursion to be able to use the spa showers before heading to the airport?

Is eveyone trying to use the showers at the same time?

Is it easy to get a taxi from the shore to go to the airport?

Everyone recommends beating the crowd to the airport. If you wait until later after the line isn't so long are you likely to miss the flight?

Has anyone done a tour to Moorea that included pickup from a Papeete Hotel, boat transfer and Moorea tour?

I think you can pretty much go to the bank with Toto's answer to your previous questions about the showers. You can always rent a day room on shore. We've never tried to use the showers before our flight, just went through our usual morning procedures in the cabin. You could always take some of those body wash towels and use them in one of the bathroom stalls. You could also go swimming and then rinse off - just make sure you have a ziplock (or something similar) for your wet suit.

We had no problems getting a taxi to the airport, but there is nothing to say that you can't leave the ship and pick up a taxi in Papeete. There are plenty available whenever we've needed one. Many folks will be taking a ship's transfer to get to the airport and that's always another option for you.

Lines are almost never short at the airport - it's not all that big and one flight can fill it to the point of overflow. It's always a good idea to get to the airport at least two hours before your flight leaves, although most airlines recommend three hours for international flights. You don't need to be there quite that early as the ATN counter is frequently not open in between flights. If you delay too long in the hopes of missing a line, you might end up missing your flight instead if you run into some snag along the way.

i was at the pool all day and had no problem using the shower at the spa. as far as lines they are endless. i was so glad i went bus class and was thru it in about 30 minutes. plus only BC and FC have A/c waiting room. Tahiti is ont big on air.

• 2 weeks later...

don't wait till later to go the airport - not worth the anxiety. Go early and plan on waiting in line - its just part of the deal.

We used the showers in the spa - they were a bit crowded but not as bad as I expected - we waited about 15 minutes. Just allow yourself some extra time in case you need to wait.

Did you have to sign up for the spa or an excursion to use the showers?Some have said that even then they could not use them.

I called Princess and they said no on could use them, which of course is not true. It sounds like it may depend on the day as to what the criteria is for using the showers.

Archived