ship excursion to Ephesus

Oops! I have posted in the wrong place! Kind of new to this board. Anyway, my husband and I are taking our first cruise to the Med. in September. We are planning a 4 hrs ship excursion to Ephesus. Not sure how it works, but do we need a visa? Thanks.

Hello Scotlass...

If this will be your first time in Kusadasi/Ephesus you may want to think about taking a longer tour (through the ship or watching the boards and joining another private tour group-guides take care of visa issues). There is so much more to see than Ephesus...the town of Sirince, House of the Virgin Mary (if that would interest you), Cathedral of St. John, and many more places to suit individual interests. If I did only one other thing, I'd go to Sirince to wander a bit and to have lunch at the top of the village.

If you do come back after only four hours, there are a lot of fun shops right in Kusadasi, some with reasonable prices on rugs (meaning spend only what you're willing to pay and think it's worth to you...not what you're told it's worth).

Enjoy this wonderful port!

murphysmum;)

No visas are necessary unless you are disembarking in Turkey.

A four hour tour is typical for Ephesus. And while you could spend lots more hours or even days there you will get a nice overview. The bus ride over there will be around 39-40 minutes each way.

The port of call and the surrounding area are quite nice and Ephesus is outstanding.

Keith

Archived