FLL Precruise

cruiser4fun1960

We generally always stay at the Embassy Suites pre-cruise. It's 5 -10 minutes from airport, less than 5 minutes from pier and an invigorating 20 minute walk to beach. Great liquor/wine store across the street!

We are going to try the new Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort this December as a post-cruise stay.

I did stay at New Zealand House, a small very friendly guesthouse with wonderful hosts. And next year before the Eurodam RSVP cruise I will return there again.

It's small (8 rooms) but very comfortable and very good quality. I had the best fellow guests and Warren, the Kiwi host serves really good cocktails around 5-6 pm.

If you look for an intimate friendly but not cruisy place, New Zealnd House is your place!

REint

• 1 month later...
We always stay at the Palm Plaza Resort because it's great and the most affordable - backed up by reviews on Tripadvisor.com see for yourself.

Super friendly staff.

www.palmplazaresort.com

I heard from a friend that they did not have such a good experience there last summer. I read the Tripadvisor reviews too, so I am a bit surprised.

You won't go wrong with any of the gay guest houses mentioned here. Personally I like Pineapple Point the best, because the service and atmosphere are just outstanding. If you're on a bit more of a budget, the Schubert is also a great choice. When I first met my partner I lived in Los Angeles, and used to fly out here every two weeks or so, and we spent many a wonderful weekend at Pineapple Point. We have also stayed at the Schubert a few times for gay classic car club events (my partner has a '56 Chevy Bel Air convertible) so have experienced their wonderful hospitality as well.

At any rate, no matter where you stay in FLL, the fun is only a short cab ride away.

Per your comments on another thread, I booked a room at the Shubert for this Nov 21 and 22nd before boarding the Solstice. Did not want to go back to "The Grand".......which was so so.

If money wasn't tight with the new house...I'd opt for Pineapple Point....just fabulous.

For the Eurodam...Mark offered his guest room at his home in Ft lauderdale so I dont have to drive in the morning of the cruise. An this time I will have my cell phone to keep in touch with everyone for any festivities the night before the cruise......

I am looking forward the the Shubert to see how it is...looks nice enough on their web site. Maybe I will tell them I know Matt and that will get me a free bed warmer...ya know, a 6ft tall shaved head happy trailed stud muffin bed warmer.:D

Me, picky.....hey this is one begger that can be choosey:p

Archived