Teeth Whitening and Mailbox

resstation

I have 2 questions in one thread...

Has anyone done the teeth whitening in the spa? Is it worth the cost?

Also...

I have read many posts where the poster mentions "the mailbox" in the room. Is it just a spot on the desk where "Stewart" puts your Patters? Just curious.

Thanks!

I have 2 questions in one thread...

Has anyone done the teeth whitening in the spa? Is it worth the cost?

Also...

I have read many posts where the poster mentions "the mailbox" in the room. Is it just a spot on the desk where "Stewart" puts your Patters? Just curious.

Thanks!

I would trust teeth whitening to my own dentist, never thought of trying it onboard a ship as it is a process that I would not trust to a spa.

As for the 'mailbox'. It is outside your stateroom on the wall, your patters and other flyers are put there so you will see them when you enter your stateroom.

I did the teeth whitening last week on the CB. It was $199, but they announced a special on the morning show for $30 off. I think it was worth it for $169. My teeth look great. But, then they try to sell you the maintenance kits for $200 or $400! don't buy them! You can get GoSMile kits at home cheaper. I saw them on Amazon and I know that Sephora carries them and I think I saw them at CVS.

I haven't done the teeth whitening, but outside each cabin door is a mail box. Your cabin steward will leave the daily Princess Patters there along wth each day's collection of junk mail. Also, other passengers can leave you notes or other stuff.

I did the teeth whitening last week on the CB. It was $199, but they announced a special on the morning show for $30 off. I think it was worth it for $169. My teeth look great. But, then they try to sell you the maintenance kits for $200 or $400! don't buy them! You can get GoSMile kits at home cheaper. I saw them on Amazon and I know that Sephora carries them and I think I saw them at CVS.

Are there certain restrictions after doing the whitening such as no red wine, etc?

Are there certain restrictions after doing the whitening such as no red wine, etc?

They tell you to cool it on the dark sodas, tea, coffee, red wine, etc, for at least 12 hours after the whitening treatment.

Hubby and I both had it done on a sale day (130 pp) last year, and it worked quite well but be prepared for a Very hard sales pitch for the gosmile kits. We ended up buying a six month package (after arguing with the technician; we wanted to split it and she said that was impossible (?) since our "prescriptions" were different (but the kits were the same). Then when the bill was presented for almost 1K she pointed out that the tip was optional but would be appreciated. :rolleyes:

In short, if you want to try it go ahead (as long as your teeth are in good shape that is) but be prepared to say no to the package sales and to continue saying no a lot before you leave the spa area.

I would NOT recommend doing the teeth whitening at the spa. Has others have said, leave it to the pros.

I had the teeth whitening done on the CB about 3 years ago and the technician was too aggressive and actually created tooth damage which cost quite a bit of $ for visits to a periodontist later. His rubbing aggressively caused the gum to tear away from an incisor. This would have never happened, I'm sure at a dental office and if it had there would be some sort of recourse. Don't do it.

Let's see, on-board discounted teeth whitening with food restrictions and the (small) potential for permanent damage, or a higher priced procedure at my fully licensed and medically trained dentist office where I can track them down like dogs if there is a problem... ;) It's definitely a personal choice and most people will probably be just fine, but since we cruise for absolute relaxation and fun we opt out of anything that limits our choices. For cruisers that DO choose to go forward, remember that crowns and fillings using enamel-bonds don't whiten regardless of who performs the treatment.

I had the teeth whitening procedure done in the spa on the CB. We had just boarded the ship and were viewing the spa facilities when they asked me to be a model and get the whitening for free. I said ok. Well although I did not have any of the problems as the previous posters, there was no spitoon. So during the procedure all saliva was building up. Then at the end they told me to just swallow, and I almost threw up. It was disgusting! Sorry to be so graphic here, but that was how it went for me.

As far as the whitening went, I would never pay for the service. They have these at the mall at kiosks now. Our local news channel did a story on them and it was not good.

So my vote is a no.

Christapie

oh the mailbox, just like at home i love checking the mailbox! Don't ask me why I just do...

everytime we came back to the room it usually had something, a Patters, a sale flyer, excursion info, invites, notes from new friends...

but saying this boy did it ever fill up, and all that wasted paper

We became good friends with the Passenger Service Director and asked about all this wasted paper and he said that they could do it via the tv ads or signs posted on board, but the paper in your mailbox sells more items. And he said they do recycle but do not reuse the pages because of germs on the pages and to prevent norwalk like viruses.

oh the mailbox, just like at home i love checking the mailbox! Don't ask me why I just do...

everytime we came back to the room it usually had something, a Patters, a sale flyer, excursion info, invites, notes from new friends...

but saying this boy did it ever fill up, and all that wasted paper

We became good friends with the Passenger Service Director and asked about all this wasted paper and he said that they could do it via the tv ads or signs posted on board, but the paper in your mailbox sells more items. And he said they do recycle but do not reuse the pages because of germs on the pages and to prevent norwalk like viruses.

Hi Vickie:

Looks like we won't be sailing with you this year. I know you will enjoy your cruises - I don't think anyone gets more out of a cruise than you do.

Hope we meet up again in the future.

Lyndee

Archived