Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

First time booking Caribe let alone an Aft cabin.

Kinda excited about it.

:p

I'm hoping it gets sun part of the day. :confused: What's your take on this?

Also' date=' is it too difficult to get a lounger?

Most pictures I have seen are with 4 chairs and a small table. :rolleyes:[/quote']

All VS have a regular size table and 4 chairs around it. Then 2 loungers with small, low in between them.

Here are some pictures from the VS 736 we had on the Ruby Princess.

2129998091_RubyPrincessCruise-S.Carib-2-10031.jpg.6ebcab12e2a4cfef142bc5dc19e8b179.jpg

614852921_RubyPrincessCruise-S.Carib-2-10032.jpg.567a9f18d48830e26bff6ae78a896fc5.jpg

For FeelinNauti, not sure what cabin you booked but only the suites have the teak furniture, including the loungers as pictured in the post above. The category BB cabins of C752 and C753 have only 'regular' balcony furniture that does not include a lounger.

As for sun, depends on the angle of the sun in the sky - can get some sun sitting right at the railing but the depth of the balcony prevents sun on the full balcony for most of the day.

For FeelinNauti, not sure what cabin you booked but only the suites have the teak furniture, including the loungers as pictured in the post above. The category BB cabins of C752 and C753 have only 'regular' balcony furniture that does not include a lounger.

As for sun, depends on the angle of the sun in the sky - can get some sun sitting right at the railing but the depth of the balcony prevents sun on the full balcony for most of the day.

Sorry, I may have assumed that she was talking about the VS in the post above hers. That is correct, only the full suites have the teak furniture.

Edited by teachergal29

Great thread FLVOL77.

Allow me to add one I put together of the Crown's stern.

This thread should be a Sticky thread.

SternOfCrown.jpg

Maxx

:cool::cool:

PS. Wife and I are in B749 in a few weeks....I'll be sure to add some pictures later.

We were in B748 on Crown. I don`t have a clear photo of the balcony but it is huge and has a great viewing area because of the corner. We had six people sitting on it comfortably.

Oops! :o

Didn't mention that I booked a Caribe A753 on the CB.

LuvTheGoodLife' date=' guess loungers are out of the question :(

Wish I had a VS ;) unfortunately can't afford the extra $$$.

(Pics look great, teachergal29! Thanks for sharing)[/quote']

We have that same cabin booked on the opposite side on the Sapphire (C748) and on the Golden (C752) for our Christmas/ New Year's getaway(b2b). I have heard wonderful things about them and I'm really looking forward to it. I saw pictures of the the type of cabin on Webshots. You could probably find some there by doing a search. I've seen 2 regular chairs with small table and the 2 high backed charis that recline, just no loungers. The balcony does look nice especially since it curves slightly to see a bit of the side to.. We're looking forward to it

We've been lucky enough to cruise in VS on the Golden and the Ruby, but you are right--- a lot of $$$$. I enjoyed them and the perks that went with them, but we like to cruise a lot so we are just as happy with balcony cabins as long as I can see the wake..:)

I am in this room # next year and it is not PS(penthouse suite)BB c751 or c752(i am in)Penthouse is next door,our room is smaller.:confused:

C751 IS a suite.(Cabin next to it is C753 and that one is a BB)

C752 is the BB next to C750 (which is also a suite)

Edited by chamima

That is what i thought, correct,but photo shows c751 and c752 in the heading as the same balcony space.Confusing.

I am in this room # next year and it is not PS(penthouse suite)BB c751 or c752(i am in)Penthouse is next door,our room is smaller.

Aww, one day I would love to cruise in a penthouse.

Just gotta keep playing the lottery. ;)

I first switched my cabin from Midship - Baja, to B751.

It is not a suite. Just a regular balcony cabin.

I noticed the beam. It's off to the side. No biggy.

Read that it doesn't interfere with the view.

But when I was on the Phone with Princess the rep told me C753 was available and requested that instead.

Which is still not a suite, just a larger balcony.

My friend and I within the last two weeks have got BB cabins C748 and C751 which should be great on the Christmas/New year cruise Australia New Zealand.

I have had one of the two aft cabins on Emerald deck of Coral Princess . Although no balcony there was a really private deck in front absolutely superb , very quiet,no smell and very little vibration. Thats was a Panama Canal Latin American cruise.

Thankyou for all the hard work on this thread superb! and Ive seen the great photo of our cabins, well more mine as closer to the camera.

My friend and I within the last two weeks have got BB cabins C748 and C751 which should be great on the Christmas/New year cruise Australia New Zealand.

I have had one of the two aft cabins on Emerald deck of Coral Princess . Although no balcony there was a really private deck in front absolutely superb , very quiet,no smell and very little vibration. Thats was a Panama Canal Latin American cruise.

Thankyou for all the hard work on this thread superb! and Ive seen the great photo of our cabins, well more mine as closer to the camera.

Hey, I'm booked in c748 for the Syd-Beijing.....can't wait. When is your cruise?

This is a great thread! Im staying in d737 on emerald next march and iv seen some of the pics of the balcony of this cabin on here but does anyone have pics of the inside of this cabin in either emerald/ruby/crown? Thanks in advance :)

Changed out of B754 on the Ruby because of the smelly vent to B750. I know it has a beam but does anyone have a good picture of this balcony and how big and intrusive is the darn vent? I still think I'd rather have the beam than the vent but I want to be sure.

Cheers, Kenn

Changed out of B754 on the Ruby because of the smelly vent to B750. I know it has a beam but does anyone have a good picture of this balcony and how big and intrusive is the darn vent? I still think I'd rather have the beam than the vent but I want to be sure.

Cheers, Kenn

We stayed in B756 on the Crown on 4/02, were right next to the vent and never smelled anything. We did notice cold air coming from the vent. another couple traveling with us were in B754 and had no issues either.

We stayed in B756 on the Crown on 4/02, were right next to the vent and never smelled anything. We did notice cold air coming from the vent. another couple traveling with us were in B754 and had no issues either.

Sure glad to hear that not every ship has this "smelly vent" problem. If you do a search on it, you'll find that many people (us included) have had a stinky balcony due to the vent. If you're not senstive to smells, maybe you won't have this issue, but unfortunately, LOTS of people have complained about it on the Princess boards. I was on the Ruby in March this year, and it was really bad on the balcony of B754. I booked 754 (instead of the one right next to the vent) in hopes that the one cabin separation would help, but the smell never went away, even while traveling.

We did, however, have some friends on Riviera deck (an aft corner cabin) that did not notice the smell from their location. Yay!

Edited by JLDMED

Howdy,

Here's a slide show .gif file.....not hi-res, but hope it gives you a sense

of being in an AFT Cabin.

The balcony can be surrounded by action and awesome views on port

days. It can also be extremely private while underway and at night.

B749Balcony.gif

B749 is starboard aft corner cabin. Not a Mini Suite. The large, calm

covered balcony was always in use and seemed a good trade off

for less space.

Enjoy!

:cool::cool:

What incredible photos!! We are booked in C753 for the Crown's last western Caribbean next April 30 followed by her TA to Southampton. We were already excited about having the aft cabin but can hardly wait now! Many thanks for that incredible post. :)