Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

Wanted to thank the OP for this thread. A whole lot of info all in one spot. :) I agree it should be a "sticky"

We will be in D736 VS on Ruby Princess on Feb. 8, 2010. I assume it will be like the earlier pictures posted for the Grand. I haven't been able to find this particular cabin on the Ruby posted yet.

Wanted to thank the OP for this thread. A whole lot of info all in one spot. :) I agree it should be a "sticky"

We will be in D736 VS on Ruby Princess on Feb. 8, 2010. I assume it will be like the earlier pictures posted for the Grand. I haven't been able to find this particular cabin on the Ruby posted yet.

We had D737 on the Ruby and I will attempt to post a couple of pictures here.

If in case it doesn't work, you may email me msnans at yahoo dot com

Please put Ruby in the header.

100_0672.jpg.5b81dcada017a52c4bea79abc99eddfd.jpg

100_0719.jpg.ddd94744981a77b1dd8a91267a321758.jpg

Edited by beannie

I have cabin b757 on hold on the Ruby Princess. I'm concerned about the vents. Has anyone had a cabin next to any of the vents at the rear of this class of ships? How noisy is it? Can a person have a conversation without having to shout?

Thanks for you opinions.

We were on the Ruby this past July and had 2 balconies B-755 and my in-laws were in B757. When in port the balcony was absolutely unusable!!! The smell was horrible. It got a little better when at sea, but everytime the steward would clean they would open the balcony door and the smell would linger in the cabin. In fact, if they opened the balcony door and left the cabin door open you were able to smell it out in the hall. It was so bad that my MIL was having asthma attacks and migraines from the smell. Now, this was in the Med during July and very hot, but the vent really made out cabin a big disappointment.

• 4 weeks later...
We are going to take our first Princess cruise on board the Ruby on October also and thanks to your valuable help we decided for our first AFT on the baja deck 748. We had herd a lot of good comments about Princess and hope to love her and hope to adore our cabin. Cheers.

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to this thread - and if you're still around - I would love to hear how you liked the aft cabin. Hope you enjoyed the cruise and felt the aft was worth the extra $.

We just got off the Star (2-2-10 Antarctic Cruise) from D735, with a Beam. This cabin should identical to those on the Grand and the Golden, and maybe the Crown, Emerald, Caribbean and Ruby.

GREAT CABIN.

Suite to the starboard. Crew Walkway to the Port. Very private, fully covered. Very little wind when in motion, no smell, great for room service, more motion than a midship cabin, the aft does move in strange ways.

The "beam" protrudes 12-16 inches but does not obstruct viewing and creates a nice little cubby for the table and hairs.

Cabin is standard B class balcony - nothing special.

We just got off the Star (2-2-10 Antarctic Cruise) from D735, with a Beam. This cabin should identical to those on the Grand and the Golden, and maybe the Crown, Emerald, Caribbean and Ruby.

Hi Charles. Have you forgiven the couple who beat you out on the aft cabin on the Grand last year yet? :D

When I booked our 2010 cruise on the Regatta I wanted the aft cabin but was told it would cost me $800 more so decided not to snag it. Yesterday I was told that it was given to someone as a cheap upgrade from an inside. :(

Hi Charles. Have you forgiven the couple who beat you out on the aft cabin on the Grand last year yet? :D

When I booked our 2010 cruise on the Regatta I wanted the aft cabin but was told it would cost me $800 more so decided not to snag it. Yesterday I was told that it was given to someone as a cheap upgrade from an inside. :(

No way. And BTW we've been on 3 cruises since that one in April and it still ranks as one of the best we've ever been on. Seriously considering the Grand again in December 2010 on a 14 collection. I hope Tim Donovan is the CD again!

Cheers!

Great thread. We decided to get the grand suite on our upcoming Sapphire cruise (major birthday celebration for both of us), and this is the first time we'll be in an aft cabin. I think we're more excited about that than about being in a suite :)

No way. And BTW we've been on 3 cruises since that one in April and it still ranks as one of the best we've ever been on. Seriously considering the Grand again in December 2010 on a 14 collection. I hope Tim Donovan is the CD again!

Cheers!

We always think of you when the shot you took of us on our aft balcony appears on the digital frame. It was so funny how DH said that he wished he had one and 5 min later you called out "Hey Burm" from below and snapped the photo. :D

What a great CC group we had!

We are having our first aft (and first mini suite as well) on the Sun Princess (B755). Does anyone have any more photos of this ship, from the back so I can see what it looks like or any other photos - can't get enough photos of the aft mini suites???

I have a rear shot of the Sun Princess from 2005.

So, does C753 on the Grand, have lounger chairs too, or just a table w/ 2 chairs. It would be nice to lay outside on the balcony for a little snooze....

Also, It is on the end, but is the divider between that room and the one next to it, completely private or is it somewhat sheer, as well as only goes up partially to the ceiling. seemed like it was at a curve....hard to tell with some of the pics i have seen, but looked like i could see through. And what exactly is the "private hallway??" okay well thanks!1:o

Will the vent on B755 be an issue with noise or smell? My dd & dsi are booked here for their first balcony - and first aft also.....I have talked up how much I love an aft balcony - and this was a splurge for them......we're next door in B757:confused:

So, does C753 on the Grand, have lounger chairs too, or just a table w/ 2 chairs. It would be nice to lay outside on the balcony for a little snooze....

Also, It is on the end, but is the divider between that room and the one next to it, completely private or is it somewhat sheer, as well as only goes up partially to the ceiling. seemed like it was at a curve....hard to tell with some of the pics i have seen, but looked like i could see through. And what exactly is the "private hallway??" okay well thanks!1:o

DH tells me that we had one lounge and one regular chair. Can't remember if the divider went all the way to the ceiling but it was definitely very private. When you reach the end of the main hallway there is a little branch to the left at the end with only your room on it. It is a great cabin!

I would tell you why it was so special to us but I don't want everyone requesting it. :)

Have any of you sailed in an aft balcony cabin in July? I am concerned by reports that there is no breeze. Does it get too hot to use in the summer? I am booked in C752 on the CB this coming July.
I had C752 on the CB and LOVED it. In the Summer, while in port, yes it is hot but not that much different if sitting on deck by the pool. When ship is moving, you do get a slight breeze .... keep in mind it is July.

Thak you very much for posting photos of the Sun Princess - the aft suites look amazing. Our is the category below your (AB mini suite) but they are very large and have huge balconies. Apparently they are the same size and in the same position as AA suite with balcony - top suites) on other ships.

We can't wait. I love looking at the Sun Princess photos, so if anyone has anymore, please post away!!! I can't get enough!

I can't believe you did that for us all....thank you!

We almost always get an aft balcony, but we didn't have the $$ for a full suite and the other aft balcony cabins on the Grand just don't give us enough interior space. I really wished there were minis on the back! Argh...it does appear from other posts that there are minis on the back of some of the other ships, but not the Grand.

I know we'll miss being aft, but I went ahead and booked E729 for us...we really like the sitting area for a 14 night cruise....we really don't like getting less than 250 sq feet of interior space...but I had to give up having an aft cabin though ):.

I can't find any recent pictures of E729...last one I saw was in 2003....some have said that none of the furniture is the same.

Great job!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Dawn

I can't believe you did that for us all....thank you!

We almost always get an aft balcony, but we didn't have the $$ for a full suite and the other aft balcony cabins on the Grand just don't give us enough interior space. I really wished there were minis on the back! Argh...it does appear from other posts that there are minis on the back of some of the other ships, but not the Grand.

I know we'll miss being aft, but I went ahead and booked E729 for us...we really like the sitting area for a 14 night cruise....we really don't like getting less than 250 sq feet of interior space...but I had to give up having an aft cabin though ):.

I can't find any recent pictures of E729...last one I saw was in 2003....some have said that none of the furniture is the same.

Great job!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Dawn

We had E729 on the Grand last year . All of the furniture inside is the same. I think the only difference is the balcony furniture is now metal instead of plastic because of the fire on the Star. We were able to get loungers for the balcony but that was the last time - we are now told they are a fire hazard.

However, one of the metal "chairs" actually reclines quite a bit and is very comfortable.

We had E729 on the Grand last year . All of the furniture inside is the same. I think the only difference is the balcony furniture is now metal instead of plastic because of the fire on the Star. We were able to get loungers for the balcony but that was the last time - we are now told they are a fire hazard.

However, one of the metal "chairs" actually reclines quite a bit and is very comfortable.

Thanks....I actually meant the furniture outside, not inside.

We were told that all we had to do was request loungers and they would be brought up for us. My TA (30 years in the biz) even contacted his rep @ Princess and I have it in writing that it won't be a problem. But we'll see. I provided him with information that basically stated that I may not be able to get it because of the fire incident on the Star and he shared that with his Princess rep and said it was ridiculous and simply not true.

But we'll see....do you have any pictures of your balcony from last year?

Thanks....

Dawn