Amadeus Cruise Docs

nyfeds

NYFed,

We are leaving on the Amadante on July 27. We had some difficulties with our travel agent so we did not receive our docs until last week. But AMA sent the docs to our travel agent about 5 weeks before departure date. So if you booked directly you should receive them in 2-3 weeks.

BTW, Two thumbs up to AMA as the VP of operations stepped in and straightened out the debacle with our TA (we used an online agent who billed us twice for a trip we paid in full in 6/07 and were very slow (2 months) in issuing a refund and did not send us our docs--and blamed AMA for this). Called AMA and within one day we had our docs and within 3 days our refund!!!

So now I am especially psyched for this trip knowing that AMA is such a stand-up and stand-by operation.

NYFed,

We are leaving on the Amadante on July 27. We had some difficulties with our travel agent so we did not receive our docs until last week. But AMA sent the docs to our travel agent about 5 weeks before departure date. So if you booked directly you should receive them in 2-3 weeks.

BTW, Two thumbs up to AMA as the VP of operations stepped in and straightened out the debacle with our TA (we used an online agent who billed us twice for a trip we paid in full in 6/07 and were very slow (2 months) in issuing a refund and did not send us our docs--and blamed AMA for this). Called AMA and within one day we had our docs and within 3 days our refund!!!

So now I am especially psyched for this trip knowing that AMA is such a stand-up and stand-by operation.

Hi TravelingProf,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. However, AMA did resolve your issues and now it's smoothe and wonderful cruising ahead for you. Have a wonderful time!

Hopefully, no issues through the TA we booked through and our docs will be in hand within the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy your much anticipated cruise!

Hi NYFeds--would u please put a note out when u receive your docs? I will be glad to do the same--I would love to know about and ensure that all is as scheduled. It is really good to know that AMA is so responsive--we are really looking forward to our time with the cruise. Will u be taking the tours in Budapest and Prague--or are u doing that on your own? I recall that u are staying in different hotels.

Take care,

Robyn France

Hi Robyn,

I will be sure to post once we receive our docs. In fact, I may call the TA I booked through and ask when they hope to send them out.

We will be doing some private touring in Budapest, as we arrive there several days prior to embarkation. We are also doing some private touring in Prague which will entail the Jewish Quarter as well as a day in Terezin/Lidice. I think the tours offered through Amadeus will be brief overviews. We actually like private touring to get off the beaten/tourist path.

Have you decided upon the optional Salzburg tour? We are undecided.

If you'd like, please post your email address so we may continue discussion between us via email. I'd enjoy connecting with you.

Looking forward to your cruise/trip review, Ann Marie!

NYFeds--please feel free to contact me at robynfranceatgmail.com, replacing at with @--to avoid any commercial pick up here. We probably will not do the Salzburg tour for a few reasons--I have been 2 times previously and the options on that day to stay in Linz-Passau for the walking tour and a little light cruising sound good to us. We are not keen on long coach rides and will have one to Prague--so as lovely as the Austrian countryside is and a visit to Salzburg is interesting, we will opt out.

What is sort of funny is that Amadeus never asked for their tickets once on the ship.......

I do have to say the bags Amadeus sends with their tickets are very nice! Well - at least they were last year.

NYFED:

My wife and I depart for Budapest on August 5 and board the Amacello on 8/9; we received our documents from Amadeus (via our TA) approx 3.5 weeks prior to our trip. We were also trying to decide between visiting Salzburg or Passau and are now leaning towards Salzburg.

A few questions.

Do you know how long the bus ride takes to Salzburg and where can one find detailed information concerning the Amadeus optional excursions?

What tour company did you select for the Jewish Quarter in Prague excursion?

Thanks.

Bruce

NYFED:

My wife and I depart for Budapest on August 5 and board the Amacello on 8/9; we received our documents from Amadeus (via our TA) approx 3.5 weeks prior to our trip. We were also trying to decide between visiting Salzburg or Passau and are now leaning towards Salzburg.

A few questions.

Do you know how long the bus ride takes to Salzburg and where can one find detailed information concerning the Amadeus optional excursions?

What tour company did you select for the Jewish Quarter in Prague excursion?

Thanks.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your doc information.

We, too, are still undecided about Salzburg. I'm not certain of the time it takes to reach Salzburg. I would imagine perhaps of couple of hours each way.

To look at Amadeus' optional excursions, go onto AMA's site. On top, you will see "Reservations." Click on that. You will then see "Travel Resources" from the drop-down menu. Click on that. Then go into "Europe Cruises." To the right side you will see a link to "Optional Tours." Click on that to see the Optional Tours offered.

The Jewish touring company we will be using is Sylvie Wittmann Tours -

http://www.wittmann-tours.com/

We will be touring the Jewish Quarter with them, as well as a day excursion to Terezin/Lidice.

I hope this information has been helpful. Wishing you and your wife a wonderful cruise. I hope you will report back upon your return.

Thanks for the information. Like you, we are using Wittmann Tours. We certainly will report back on our experience. Incidentally, where in NY are you from and what federal agency were you affiliated with. I was raised in the Bronx and Queena and obtained my undergraduate degree on Long Island prior to a long (and ongoing career) with HHS.

Bruce

Thanks for the information. Like you, we are using Wittmann Tours. We certainly will report back on our experience. Incidentally, where in NY are you from and what federal agency were you affiliated with. I was raised in the Bronx and Queena and obtained my undergraduate degree on Long Island prior to a long (and ongoing career) with HHS.

Bruce

Bruce,

I really would like your feedback on Wittmann Tours. If interested in Jewish Budapest, I have a referral, as well. Please let me know.

I was born in the Bronx (Davidson Ave.) and then moved to Queens (Bayside). My husband is a Bronx, Queens guy. Cratona Park and then Clearview.

We moved to So CA in 1970, but we are NYers at heart. Where do you reside now?

NYFEDS is a merging of the fact that we are NYers and Fed is the beginning our our last name. Lots of people think we're with the government, in some capacity.

Hi!

My family lived on Bryant Avenue (between 174 & 176th Streets in the east Bronx) and then moved to Flushing (but attended Francis Lewis H.S.). Graduated from Hofstra. My wife (who is from northern California) eventually moved to Cerritos before being transfers to New Mexico and the D.C. metro area. One of Toni's brothers resides in S.F. and the other is a resident of Irvine.

Thanks for the offer for Budapest. We are using Chosen Tours and we will certainly let you know about both tours as well as our trip.

Bruce

Hi!

My family lived on Bryant Avenue (between 174 & 176th Streets in the east Bronx) and then moved to Flushing (but attended Francis Lewis H.S.). Graduated from Hofstra. My wife (who is from northern California) eventually moved to Cerritos before being transfers to New Mexico and the D.C. metro area. One of Toni's brothers resides in S.F. and the other is a resident of Irvine.

Thanks for the offer for Budapest. We are using Chosen Tours and we will certainly let you know about both tours as well as our trip.

Bruce

Wow! We have quite a lot in common!

Almost neighbors - Bayside and Flushing! We both graduated Bayside HS. Do you recall Gloria Pizza in Flushing? The absolute best pizza.

We now live right on the Irvine border!

And...We are touring Budapest with Chosen Tours! Are you working with Eva? She's been a gem. I will be most eager to hear of your experiences with both Chosen Tours and Sylvie Wittmann, Bruce.

Hi!

Small world! Sorry to say, I do not recall Gloria's Pizza.

We are working with Eva and she is delightful. We will certainly let you know about our trip. In the interim, you can reach us at scubadiver10at yahoo.com (remember to use the @ sign).

Hi Bruce,

Yes, a small world indeed.

Thanks for posting your email address. I will send an email your way soon.

Sorry our cruises aren't together. It would be nice to meet you and Toni.

Archived