another camera bag question

I have been searching on the web for a new camera bag and can't make up my mind. I did a search on this web site and found some that had been suggested that I love. I now have a back pack. When I bought my camera the guy suggested it because I climp in tree stands to take pictures from time to time. I hate it becuase it is hard to get to if I am walking and want to take a picture. You actually have to sit it down to get the camera out or risk everything falling on the ground. I was woundering if anybody has used a fanny pack and what they think of them. I will be using this on my trip to Alasaka. http://www.m-rock.com/ I like it because it will be easy to get to, but I do worry about sitting down with a big bulky camera in my lap

I use an old Photorunner:

photorunner.jpg

Very easy to open wide - note the double zippers that open with a single pull. It's unfortunately discontinued, but may give you some ideas. Can be carried from the shoulder or put 'round the waist. When everything is strapped down it is very secure. When I take an extra lens, I just hang on a Lowepro lens case.

I love my Lowepro sling. I have the slingshot 200AW and it is perfect for my needs.

I am able to pack around my point n shoot as well as my dslr. It has spots for additional memory cards and even fits my wallet so I don't have to carry a purse. If I need to get the camera out, I just swing it around and take the camera out.

Take a look at the LowePro Fastpack series. Full backpack straps with ease of access.

18-2085-IMG3.jpeg

I am getting one to replace my Slingshot 200AW (single strap sling backpack) for times when I need to carry more gear.

Dave

I like this one eventhough I don't like the backpack I have now. I like the 250 and 350 because I could put my computer in it and that would make it easy to fly with just one thing. I could even put my id, tickets, and all on the top. So far this is my top pick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got my Lowepro Fastback 250. I've been playing with it all afternoon seeing where I can put stuff and how to arrange the compartments to my liking. After 2 hours I got it lined up. It holds the following:

Canon STI with Tamron 28-300 IS lens and lens hood. 18-55 IS Cannon lens. Memory card case. Chargers for Camera battery grip add-on, DV Video camera, 3 DV video cassettes, battery case for 12 AA NiMh for 580EXII flash that is carried in upper part of pack, rainsuits (2) and 2 1 gallon ziplock bags. On my writing pen, 20 inches of gaffers tape. Camera access opening works like a dream. I havent checked the total weight with and without my HP Laptop. My 40GB HD back-up is also in the case for travel only. After getting to the ship, it will be stashed in the Suite. I have 25GB in memory cards so that should be enough for a day's shooting.

Got it from eBags for $80 and change with free shipping that arrived in 3 days. Rating is 5 Stars. Check the Lowepro video's, find out what size works for you and go get one.

Good Shooting and Alaska Here we come....

Archived