What are your pet peeves on these boards?

DCT61, so do I understand you to believe that once you post a topic you own it? I believe that this is a community forum, and while you can post something it really is community property, and there is nothing to keep individuals from using your topic to start a conversation. Nor, in my opinion should there be. The whole point of this forum is to share information and to have a conversation. JMHO

jc

My pet peeves??? Posters who just have to be negative about everything. I don't like bullies, flamers, or trolls. Thank goodness they are few and far between on these boards. Everyone have a nice day.bigstar.gif

jmdraw_e0.gif

JOHN MENDENHALL

I think "hope this helps" is a sort of electric greeting. It's kind of like "have a nice day" or "see ya". It is just an attempt to establish manners in the finishing of one's part of a conversation. I was told that "good bye" is a corruption of "God be with you." I just hink all of this is a form of leave taking.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

I can't understand why someone might complain about everything on their cruise (or even precruise) would ever get on a ship again.

As for the "IMO", to me that's a acknowledgement that there may be other ways of doing/enjoying things and that what works for one might not work for another. To me that's much better than someone who comes off as "this is my way and if you don't do it this way, you're nuts"

But, that's just my opinion icon_wink.gif

-Monte

some of my cruising photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/m1bisson

A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.

The worst cruise I ever took was pretty damned good.

Platinum with RCI, a couple cruises with NCL and 1 with CCL

Who's coming with us on the Norwegian Sun?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;12;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

IMHO in my humble opinion

JMHO just my humble opinion

IMO in my opinion

YMMV your mileage may vary

Generally all of these mean the same thing. IE this works for me, and you may find it doesn't work for you, but I think it will. icon_biggrin.gif

jc

People who choose to cruise, and then obsess like crazy about getting sea sick. icon_rolleyes.gif

Or complain that the ship rolls, and that the stablizers dont work. icon_rolleyes.gif

Lets Go!

Royal's Viking Seranade 1/94

Carnival, Holiday 12/95

Carnival, Jubilee 12/96

Royal's, Song of America 11/98

Celebrity Galaxy 9/99

Royal's, Viking Seranade 6/00

Celebrity, Millennium 12/00

Royal's Vision 2/02

Royal's Vision 12/02

Royal's Monarch 6/03

Celebrity Galaxy 9/17/04 !!

This went a different route than I thought, when I first read it my thought was, and this is nothing against the website because I love it here, I wish the search feature worked better but I guess it is going after people rather than things. JMO!

3/98 Grandeur of the Seas

4/00 Grandeur of the Seas

2/02 Enchantment of the Seas

04/16/05 Navigator of the Seas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaryWT:

This went a different route than I thought, when I first read it my thought was, and this is nothing against the website because I love it here, I wish the search feature worked better but I guess it is going after people rather than things. JMO!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to the search feature!!! I don't know if it doesn't work or if people don't use it - but I feel like I have answered the same questions countless times! But it's certainly that the end of the world - if I didn't have anything to add, I just wouldn't respond again!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;05;16;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Voyager of the Seas

Tahitian Princess - 10/03 (Our Honeymoon)

Carnival Paradise - 08/02

garywt - i thought the same thing when i saw the title of this thread. i thought that it was a complaing about the boards, and i was going to throw my $0.02 in that i wish the boards would work consistently. i hate getting error messages one minute and then having it work for 30 minutes and then getting error messages again.

jstducky!

-----------------

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

...til 9/04 - Jewel of the Seas - Canada / New England

====================================

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;7;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

...til 7/04 - Zuiderdam - Western Caribbean

=====================================

7/03 - Zaandam - Alaska

4/03 - Norweigan Star - Hawaii

7/96 - Noordam - Alaska

7/96 - Golden Princess - Alaska

8/95 - Jubilee - Mexican Riviera

Nothing!

I just hope this helps!

Stretch

AAYE PARANDAA!

Carnival Celebration 08/97