Galveston wedding reception

DALSAL

Galveston offers everything from fast food to white table cloth. Galveston.com has a listing of restaurants and their menus.

Walking distance from Harbor House: Rudy & Paco's - South American (the absolute best - reservations a must), Saltwater Grill - seafood (across from Rudy's), Luigi's - Italian, Palm M&M - steaks, Olympia - Greek should be open at Harbor House (under construction now) and Fisherman's Wharf - seafood.

We live on the island and eat out at least once a week.

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but since you live on the Island, could you tell me a good place to hold a wedding reception of sorts.. my son and his btb want to get married on the beach, and we have already talked to San Luis Resort, since the wedding will be in Feb, and they could use the gazeebo there BUT, they really want to be on the beach. Ive taken many cruises out of Galveston in Feb, so know its not a sure bet of the weather. We have had beautiful sunny skies in the low 70s and then again its been in the 40s and rainy. If we use the beach, then we will need a reception place. I suppose if we do full sit downs dinners, then we could do Fishermans Wharf or maybe some of the others. But, do you know if any of these places rent out their space in leu of FULL sit down dinners. We would purchase food, but not dinners for everyone unless we just had to. Maybe for 50ish ppl? Any ideas? Thanks, Dot

Casa del Mar, at 61st and the Seawall, and several of of the other condominiums on the seawall have event rooms that can be rented out with food arrangements made separetely or not at all, but very flexible. They may have info on beach weddings too, but not necessarily. I would check with them for more info

Casa del Mar, at 61st and the Seawall, and several of of the other condominiums on the seawall have event rooms that can be rented out with food arrangements made separetely or not at all, but very flexible. They may have info on beach weddings too, but not necessarily. I would check with them for more info

Thank you! I will check that out! Dot

Hi DalSal:

Are you planning only the wedding on the beach and the reception somewhere else?

I would assume a minister or J.P, would agree to a beach wedding.

If you are looking for a reception venue, check with the Galveston Historical Foundation as they rent out various facilities. They do not provide food or entertainment, only the facility.

... If we use the beach, then we will need a reception place. I suppose if we do full sit downs dinners, then we could do Fishermans Wharf or maybe some of the others. But, do you know if any of these places rent out their space in leu of FULL sit down dinners. We would purchase food, but not dinners for everyone unless we just had to. Maybe for 50ish ppl? Any ideas?...
... If you are looking for a reception venue, check with the Galveston Historical Foundation as they rent out various facilities. They do not provide food or entertainment, only the facility.

How about the 1877 tall ship Elissa? It might be too expensive for your budget, but would be a wonderful memory!

Click here: http://www.galvestonhistory.org/tsm-rentals.asp

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Hi DalSal:

Are you planning only the wedding on the beach and the reception somewhere else?

I would assume a minister or J.P, would agree to a beach wedding.

If you are looking for a reception venue, check with the Galveston Historical Foundation as they rent out various facilities. They do not provide food or entertainment, only the facility.

Yes, thats we are hoping to do. San Luis Resort will let us have a wedding under their gazzebo, if we have a sitdown dinner for a minimum of $40.pp. We really want to get married on the beach though. We found a minister that is free that day, so now we need to rent some chairs, and have a reception somewhere else. So, its a place for the reception Im looking for. The wedding is going to be on Feb 7th, around 2pm, and it will only take a few minutes, so we want to have a place set up for the guest to go to while we finish up taking a few extra pictures. We will do the traditional type reception, just not do a sitdown meal. Thanks, I will check with the GHF and see what they have to offer. It would be so much easier to have the reception at a place that could provide the food/drink too. I would only have to have a wedding cake delivered...Dot

Now that the OP for this topic has returned to the thread, I am moving the posts to a new thread.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory to all!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Archived