Inexpensive travel from Suffolk County to NYC Pier?

hazeleyes35

I wanted to surprise my husband with a limo to the boat next month but they want $400 round trip!!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper car service or bus from Suffolk County to the Manhattan Pier?

The least expensive is probably the Long Island Rail road to Penn station and then a cab. The Hampton Jitney is another option....

I live in eastern Nassau and and have also found that the limo prices are skyrocketing due to fuel costs. My usual limo guy has more than doubled his price since last year. The best rate I obtained recently was $85 each way for a town car. For a stretch limo,about $200 each way seems to be the norm.

Your least expensive option is the LIRR to Penn and a cab.

The Hampton Jitney isn't an option unless you are located on the South Shore of Suffolk.

From Long Beach, a cab to the pier is $90 one way. It's less than an hour drive. I can't imagine what it would cost from Suffolk.

Being a big fan of driving to the piers, you will love getting your luggage, walking to your car and leaving. It is so much easier than trying to find your car service at the chaotic pier after the cruise.

We always drive to the piers in NY.

HI,

I live in Manorville. I am traveling with my mother who lives in Oakdale. I have been looking for cheap limo from Oakdale to Manhattan pier.

I called everyone and like you I found quotes of $200 and up.

The cheapest I was quoted was from WINSTON TRANSPORTATION. They offer sedan service (not Limo). I was quoted as follows:

Oakdale to Pier: $123 plus 20% tip plus tolls.

Pier to Oakdale: $173 plus 20% tip plus tolls.

(the extra $50 is for waiting time).

My husband ended up offering to drop us off and then to pick us up. He works evenings in the city.

I hope this helps.

HI,

I live in Manorville. I am traveling with my mother who lives in Oakdale. I have been looking for cheap limo from Oakdale to Manhattan pier.

I called everyone and like you I found quotes of $200 and up.

The cheapest I was quoted was from WINSTON TRANSPORTATION. They offer sedan service (not Limo). I was quoted as follows:

Oakdale to Pier: $123 plus 20% tip plus tolls.

Pier to Oakdale: $173 plus 20% tip plus tolls.

(the extra $50 is for waiting time).

My husband ended up offering to drop us off and then to pick us up. He works evenings in the city.

I hope this helps.

So it really ends up being cheaper driving and leaving the car at the pier.

Archived