Menu seafood shack on the Jewel of the Seas

What are the Seafood Shack's hours? Is there a charge for these items, or is it included in the basic cruise fare? Finally, what other ships have the Seafood Shack?

Thanks.

I can tell you that I know the Voyager of the Seas did not have a Seafood Shack. If they did I didn't see one.

Thanks for the great photos b&wcruiser

What are the Seafood Shack's hours? Is there a charge for these items, or is it included in the basic cruise fare? Finally, what other ships have the Seafood Shack?

Thanks.

I'm not sure of the hours of operation, but was always open for lunch. The Seafood Shack is located one deck above the Windjammer to the aft. The easy way to get there is on the starboard side, walk thru the WJ out the back door onto the deck and take the first stairs. That will deposit you at the Shacks door.

There is no charge for food at the shack.

Rick

I'm not sure of the hours of operation, but was always open for lunch. The Seafood Shack is located one deck above the Windjammer to the aft. The easy way to get there is on the starboard side, walk thru the WJ out the back door onto the deck and take the first stairs. That will deposit you at the Shacks door.

There is no charge for food at the shack.

Rick

Hi Rick, hope you are both keeping well, did you have the opportunity to try the food??

John.

Hi Rick, hope you are both keeping well, did you have the opportunity to try the food??

John.

Hi John, just the clam chowder that comes in it's own bread bowl.

We miss you on the TA's! Hope all is well with you both!!

Rick

I'm pretty sure it was open from 12-4 and then from 7 to midnight or something like that...

As for the food, the soups were all good, but they didn't have the gumbo on our sailing. The Crab Fritters were good as was the cod. The tilapia was the only thing I saw that wasn't fried, and was a good option as well. The only thing we had we didn't like was the Cuban Ceviche (sp?).

We frequented this place for snacks and lunches on our sailing and would certainly suggest it to anyone on the jewel in the future!

Hi folks....Peter and I were on the Jewel in February, and it was definitely the Seafood Cafe, and the memu was NOTHING like this new one....when did it switch over:confused: ....it's a wonderful change as far as we're concerned....we love the venue but the menu wasn't anything to write home about....this looks much more interesting....thanks for the heads up....we're sailing her again Oct. 28th!!!!! It's used to have a crazy schedule....probably not open when we're in port, as I recall, open for lunch sea days and funny hours at night too.....

Loie

Hi John, just the clam chowder that comes in it's own bread bowl.

We miss you on the TA's! Hope all is well with you both!!

Rick

Hi Rick, We are both well, as you may of seen from our future cruises we have had to desert RCCL for our fall 09 TA as they seem to be keeping the ships in the UK/Europe for a much longer season, the first RCCL ship(Independence) to leave for FLORIDA from the UK isn't until Nov 23rd:( :mad:

So have gone over to Princess.

John.

Seaview on the Jewel was great on out recent transatlantic (April). A hint, order the coconut shrimp with a double order of shrimp (which I think made 8 or 10), but only the normal portion of fries - yummy!

They changed the the name and the menu on the transatlantic last april for the first time.

The staff told us then that they were trying out these menus because they want to introduce this concept restaurant on the new Oasis of the Seas.

That time the menu's were written on paper, not on boards as on the pictures.

Just double left click on each photo to enlarge them, hope this helps.

I am sure it must be my eyes failing but even when I enlarge the pictures I can't read the descriptions... only the titles of the menu items. Can someone either post a clearer version or type out this menu including the descriptions for me? My poor tired eyes would greatly appreciate it.

I can tell you that I know the Voyager of the Seas did not have a Seafood Shack. If they did I didn't see one.

Thanks for the great photos b&wcruiser

Jewel is the only ship to have this. I read that it was a test for the Oasis which will have also have a Seafood Shack located on the Boardwalk.

They changed the the name and the menu on the transatlantic last april for the first time.

The staff told us then that they were trying out these menus because they want to introduce this concept restaurant on the new Oasis of the Seas.

That time the menu's were written on paper, not on boards as on the pictures.

Actually, the name and menu had been changed when I was on the March 22,2008 sailing of the Jewel.

After trying most every item on Jewel TA March 2008, I prefer the old Seaview Cafe menu. The Clam Chowder wasnt too bad though.

There was a pretty long thread on this change a couple of months ago.

Wow, we are on the Jewel next Aug. for a B2B, I sure hope they offer the Sea View Cafe hamburgers and fries.

We are both allergic to shellfish too and that menu won't interest us at all if it is all sea food. :(

Maybe by next year they will use the same Radiance Class Sea View menus. Fingers crossed.....we love eating there when on the Serenade or Radiance.

Archived