Carnival Inspiration Cabin R 246

DALE 2001

I haven't been that far aft on any ship, but I've been in R133 and R140 on Fantasy. I don't recall any noise or vibration in those cabins.

I do think there was some vibration when backing out of port when we were in the aft dining room, so if you're sleeping in and docking early, you could get some from the thrusters. I'm an early riser, so that wasn't an issue with me either.

Now, R7 on Jubilee! When they'd drop anchor, it sounded like the ship was coming apart. That was interesting on my first cruise! :p

We had a inside cabin in that area-- on the other side of the ship on the Sensation. We experienced vibration shuddering ONLY when leaving and entering a port. Its not UNbearable.

Being low you should not experience motion-- actually that is where youw ant to be if you are prone to sea sickness.

If you picked this cabin and can change it== you want to be in the area on the other side of the elevators. (not far because these are the best elevators to get you where you are goin

We had a inside cabin in that area-- on the other side of the ship on the Sensation. We experienced vibration shuddering ONLY when leaving and entering a port. Its not UNbearable.

Being low you should not experience motion-- actually that is where youw ant to be if you are prone to sea sickness.

If you picked this cabin and can change it== you want to be in the area on the other side of the elevators. (not far because these are the best elevators to get you where you are goin

HI SERENE 56:)

THIS CRUISE IS FOR OUR TWO DAUGHTERS, WE TRIED THE CABIN GUARANTEE HOPING FOR SOMETHING BETTER BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

ANYWAYS IT'S BETTER THAN BEING AT WORK.

OUR LAST CRUISE WE HAD A CABIN ON THE PANORAMA DECK WITH VICTORY. THE WIFE GOT SEA SICK FOR ON THE FIRST DAY SO THIS MIGHT WORK OUT FOR HER .

WE CHECKED FOR ANOTHER CABIN ON THIS DECK, BUT THERE IS NONE AVALIBLE.

ONCE AGAIN THX FOR ALL THE INFO YOU HAVE GIVEN US OVER OUR LAST TWO CRUISES

DAVE

HI SERENE 56:)

THIS CRUISE IS FOR OUR TWO DAUGHTERS, WE TRIED THE CABIN GUARANTEE HOPING FOR SOMETHING BETTER BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

ANYWAYS IT'S BETTER THAN BEING AT WORK.

DAVE

Hi Dave- dont it just grab you that you got the lowest cat in the guarantee that you book--when others here go on and on how they booked an inside and got a balcony suite---lol

Now I have to ask you--- did you book a long time ago?

A few years ago I did a post/poll looking at how the upgrade fairy worked. Seems the people who paid the most got upgraded first-- I never got upgraded in the 4 cruises we booked as guarantee-- I wont do that no more.

Hey Serene 56:)

We Booked This Cruise On June 03, It Was A Spir Of The Moment Thing

Cruise Was Cheap Plus Real Cheap Flight To Tampa

We Where Thinking Of Going In Jan Or Feb, But With Rising Fuel Costs We Decided On September.

Thx Dave

Hey Serene 56:)

We Booked This Cruise On June 03, It Was A Spir Of The Moment Thing

Cruise Was Cheap Plus Real Cheap Flight To Tampa

We Where Thinking Of Going In Jan Or Feb, But With Rising Fuel Costs We Decided On September.

Thx Dave

well that blows my theory.

well that blows my theory.[/quot

SERENE WHAT WAS YOUR THEORY:confused:

DAVE

my theory was --the later you book the better the upgrade- Now I wonder if your agent jsut stuck you there and told you that you are booked as a guarantee

my theory was --the later you book the better the upgrade- Now I wonder if your agent jsut stuck you there and told you that you are booked as a guarantee

NO SHE DIDN'T , WHEN WE FIRST RECIEVED OUR BOOKING NUMBER FROM HER WE WENT TO THE CARNIVAL WESITE AND NOTIED THAT THEY HAD OUR STATEROOM DOWN AS TBA. I HAVE NOT RECIEVED AN E-MAIL FROM CARNIVAL REGARDING OUR STATEROOM. I NOTICED IT A FEW DAYS AGO ON THERE WEBSITE WHEN I WAS LOOKING AT OUR DOCUMENTS.

DAVE

We also booked the tba cabin, but we booked ours about six months ago through Carnival as a past guest. I was really hoping for an upgrade after reading all the posts of the GREAT upgrades people were getting. But, instead, we were assigned R218. A little disappointed, but that's what we paid for, so I can't complain. Oh, well, we aren't planning on being in the cabin much anyway. We are looking forward to a wonderful cruise!

Not even one deck? That is what happens to me-

I know by reading these boards one would think everyone gts upgraded but i know its not the case-- most people get upgraded in the cat they booked.

Now those cabins can change up til sailing- do NOT give your luggage to porters until they verify the number...you will have a heck of a time finding your stuff if you get to the checkin to find you were changed

No, not even one deck! I booked two cabins (our friends will be traveling with us on their frist cruise). They were assigned R32 which is on the totally opposite end of the ship.

Thanks for the info serene. I will remember that when checking in and maybe we'll be suprised by an upgrade then.

Hi Serene 56

Do You Think Blivey And Myself Might See The Upgrade Fairy Or Are We Wasting Our Time.

Hopefully Dave:)

I checked your sailing and there are no more 4A's left but there are lots of cabins in every deck above you. It wouldnt hurt to call your agent and ask if you can be upgraded.

You should also be checking your price. With that much available.. the price should be coming down. I see an inside cabin selling for 479. is that about what you paid?

be careful though because you do NOT want to be under the Galley

I checked your sailing and there are no more 4A's left but there are lots of cabins in every deck above you. It wouldnt hurt to call your agent and ask if you can be upgraded.

You should also be checking your price. With that much available.. the price should be coming down. I see an inside cabin selling for 479. is that about what you paid?

be careful though because you do NOT want to be under the Galley

SERENE WHICH WEBSITE ARE YOU USING.

DAVE

Serene 56 You Sure Know Your Pricing And Cabin Locations.

I Think I Might Wait A Little Longer For Price Drop, Or Do You Think I Should Upgrade Now. It's Going To Cost Me An Extra 250 Cdn For Upgrading To The Main Deck.

Once Again Thx For All Your Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

I think I was a travel agent in my previous life. :D

You TAKE all price drops that happen. Even if its only 10 bucks. The price may be lower today-- but goes higher again tomorrow- It will never be the same. So yu hang on the carnial web site.. and when you see that price of the cat cabin that you have has went lower then you paud-- you scream for your refund--even if its a cabin credit. Now be careful casue some prices are offered as a first time booker only.

If you do get upgraded to the next deck-- you check prioces for that cabin.

I think I was a travel agent in my previous life. :D

You TAKE all price drops that happen. Even if its only 10 bucks. The price may be lower today-- but goes higher again tomorrow- It will never be the same. So yu hang on the carnial web site.. and when you see that price of the cat cabin that you have has went lower then you paud-- you scream for your refund--even if its a cabin credit. Now be careful casue some prices are offered as a first time booker only.

If you do get upgraded to the next deck-- you check prioces for that cabin.

SERENE :)

THX FOR ALL THE INFO AND ADVICE.

DAVE

• 2 weeks later...
Dave-- see if you can get that upgrade for free.

I would do the upgrade. more closer to the elvator--

SERENE

CARNIVAL CHARGED ME 40 DOLLARS, IT'S STILL WORTH IT FOR ME ANYWAYS.

ANY IDEAS FOR COZEMEL OR GRAND CAYMAN, WE TOOK YOUR ADVICE IN ST. THOMAS AND HAD A GREAT TIME WITH GODFREY TOURS.

THX AGAIN

DAVE

SERENE

CARNIVAL CHARGED ME 40 DOLLARS, IT'S STILL WORTH IT FOR ME ANYWAYS.

ANY IDEAS FOR COZEMEL OR GRAND CAYMAN, WE TOOK YOUR ADVICE IN ST. THOMAS AND HAD A GREAT TIME WITH GODFREY TOURS.

THX AGAIN

DAVE

Dave--I woulda paid the 40 bucks too. But think they shoulda offered it to you for free since you are so close to sailing.

becareful with further upgrades-- you do NOT want a cabin under the galley

in grand cayman-- have you swimmed with the sting rays yet?

you want to google---capt marvins or nativewayssports. less people for less money.

cozumel-- we always do the ruins. there are so many to chose from- because of the time it takes to do it--- use the cruiselines excursions

Archived